- 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM #2
- 4 Posts
Re: Galaxy Tab 3: battery drain on standby
I noticed this with mine starting a couple of months ago. Seemed like 15%/day, now 20%. It definitely was not losing charge this fast before. I would have notice. I have done factory reset, turned off wifi, bt, gps, and everything else, removed sd card. Still losing 20%/day. I have tested several times for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 days. Very consistent. In fact after 5 days it did not even have enough charge to power on. Seems like a lot of people are having this issue. I have spoken and chatted with Samsung tech support 3 times, and they keep suggesting things to try. Now time to send in under warranty.
- 03-01-2014, 05:14 PM #3
- 28 Posts
This certainly is not normal as my tab 3.8.0 loses around 1 or 2 % battery power a day when in standby mode. I have been worried about some of the requirements for genuine downloaded apps to have access to power, wifi, phone book, contacts, email and be able to erase and send data at will. I disable these apps as a rule as I am not sure how safe they are but can they run in the background and consume power doing tasks you know nothing about?
Does this happen if unit is turned off?
Posted via Android Central App
- By Sammy3007 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2014, 09:11 AM
- By tamajon3591 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-22-2014, 08:56 PM
- By droidntn in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:39 PM
- By TOBusa in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-22-2014, 09:32 AM
- By Orhan Cevher in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2014, 07:38 AM