Galaxy Tab 3 won't reconnect to network

jesus4gaveme03

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sprint 4g enabled Tab 3. I am able to connect to my home network. When I leave and come home, it won't reconnect completely. The status is always left at either "obtaining IP address" or "checking the quality of your Internet Connection." A restart of the tab is able to make it connect, but I didn't buy a tablet to constantly restart it. My S4 is able to reconnect just fine, I'm only having problems with my tablet.

Last edited:

Sean Leckie

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Check your time and date settings, it is a frequent error that happens when you leave a home network that it resets it. After setting that up again try.

You won't have to do this often, as it seems once you do it a few times it understands the issue and fixes it.

jestl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Tab 3.8.0 wifi only and normally leave it in sleep mode. If I turn it off and then on OR restart it the tablet refuses to connect to my home network. Says authentication failed and keeps trying over and over. Never succeeds and the only way to get back to my network is to restart the router. Also, when this happens my laptop looses the local network connection.

Not to good with this stuff but before trying to restart tab I went into router and deleted tab's previous connection and IP number. Tab and laptop then connected fine. I'm thinking this is a router issue but open to any suggestions. Linksys WRT54GL about 5 years old using WEP for old equipment capability and I'm out in the sticks so am taking the risk.. At this point it is just an aggravation.

Thanks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon