Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Tab 3 7.0 battery drains so fast

Hi All,

I am facing issues with my new Tab3 7.0, 2 months old.
    Within 10 mins, battery is going to 7% from 100% without any applications running.
    Any help tips are welcome !

Thanks,
    Bhanu
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 01:00 AM.

Default Re: Samsung Tab 3 7.0 battery drains so fast

If your battery is really losing 93% in 10 minutes then it has to be a bad battery and/or hardware problem I would imagine. Any chance that it is just a false reading?

Bhan you need warranty service, your battery is fused off due to a manufacturing defect or third party charger damage. The most common cause of the latter is the mini 12v to USB adapters. I've seen new-ish laptops so the same thing, sometimes they smoothly drain fast but more often there is a "jump" where more than 60% of estimated power just disappears in an instant. How quickly does it seem to take a charge once it reads as depleted?

Also does any part of the tablet get hot. Because a true discharge rate of that level would indicate VERY HIGH RISK OF EXPLOSION. You need this thing diagnosed and fixed or replaced immediately.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Bhan you need warranty service, your battery is fused off due to a manufacturing defect or third party charger damage. The most common cause of the latter is the mini 12v to USB adapters. I've seen new-ish laptops so the same thing, sometimes they smoothly drain fast but more often there is a "jump" where more than 60% of estimated power just disappears in an instant. How quickly does it seem to take a charge once it reads as depleted?

Also does any part of the tablet get hot. Because a true discharge rate of that level would indicate VERY HIGH RISK OF EXPLOSION. You need this thing diagnosed and fixed or replaced immediately.
    Relgoshan, On a side note I have seen a lot of your posts and you seem to be very knowledgeable about android and smart devices in general, you are a great asset to the site.

My Dad is having this exact same problem, he's only had the tab a few months. I'm just wondering if you managed to resolve the problem and do you have any advice? It drains crazy fast, jumps from 100 % to 50% in a minute or two, I'm assuming it's a fault with the battery.