Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Jason Frix
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi won't stay connected

I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 on February 13th, 2014 strictly for wifi use.. I brought it home and connected it to my wifi. Everything was great.. for about a day or two then every 15-20 seconds my wifi goes out. It says "not in range"... which is stupid cause I'm sitting literally 6 feet from my router. My phone works just fine and so does my PS3. When the tablet's wifi goes out like that, I pull down the notification bar and turn the wifi off then back on and that makes it work for about 20 seconds to a full minute if I'm lucky.. by the way it's happened 24 times so far just making this post so I'm sure you might understand how ridiculously frustrated I am. I've called samsung support 4 times and talking to them, if you can even understand what they're saying, is like trying to get my 3 week old newborn to teach me how to fix this tablet..

Does anyone else have this problem? Or had?
    If so what do I do?

I really like everything else about this tablet, but this wifi crap is making me want to take it back to the store.

Carrier
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Default Re: WiFi won't stay connected

Have you rebooted the router? Also, how many devices use wifi in the house?

Sounds like either defective wifi antenna or incompatible router, yes they exist.

Try it on public wifi and see if it behaves the same.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Have you rebooted the router? Also, how many devices use wifi in the house?
    Rebooted the router and it seems to be working fine now.. lol wish I had thought of that 3 weeks ago xD
    brosko, tube517 and Relgoshan like this.

Carrier
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Frix View Post
    Rebooted the router and it seems to be working fine now.. lol wish I had thought of that 3 weeks ago xD
    Glad it worked. It doesn't always work but that is always the first thing I recommend. I have so many tablets, phones, computers that sometimes they get "knocked out" of the wifi signal and I have to reboot the router.

I thought I had the same problem with my tab 3.8.0 as the wi-fi signal said 'out of range' on my router but found others in the area. When I tried my PC that too could not find my router. Rebooted router and it worked ok but still loses it occassionally. Looks like a new router will be called for soon.

Posted via Android Central App