Cell Standby and Battery Use

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I got this Tab 3 7" free with my S4 phone, and it's kind of nice.
But the battery discharges a good bit faster then my S4 or my Note 10.1 2014 tablet.

When I checked, "Cell Standby" has the most draw, 32%.
Problem is, I don't know what it is. My S4 and Note don't have it. Their big draws are the screen.

I'd like to try to save battery with the "Cell Standby", if someone can tell me what it is.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
On my 7.0 LTE in the basement of a house, cell standby has been 4% of my charge depletion. I am connected to wifi but it still displays that I have a waiting link with the cellular network. The simplest fix is to set Airplane mode when you're not using the tablet, since you can get your messages on the S4. Or disable cellular data if you intend to drop to the cheapest data plan and only use your new tablet on wifi. 11hrs on battery today, 5.5hrs screen-on time, 40% remaining.

Please attach a battery screenshot. To save the currently displayed screen as a picture, simultaneously hold Power and Home for about two seconds and there will be a camera shutter effect. Then tap the Screen and Cell Standby items and get screenshots of their extra use info. Standby has had 10h 50m on-time, 10% time without signal. OS and System have both used less than 30m of CPU and roughly 5% and 4% battery. If your numbers are out of proportion maybe we can sort this out.

You should get worst-case about six hours of screen on time and best case over ten hours. With heavy usage and little idle time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12