Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By editionfws
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default simple question about playing mp3s

Hey everyone
    I recently got a tab 3 7.0 from att for free. I know it's not the best tablet but I am mainly using it for music in my truck.

My question is, I have tons of CDs. If I put all of my CDs on the computer in folders with the artists name and CD name, then I put all of those folders in the music folder of my SD card, will my device play all of the music? Or will it only play them if the mp3s are directly in the music folder and not in another folder inside the music folder? I would try it but I just ordered a 64gb sandisk so I don't have it yet to try.

Thanks

Default Re: simple question about playing mp3s

On my old Razr Maxx, I had no problems if I saved all of the music in a folder called "Music" on the external SD card. I kept the standard folder hierarchy of Artist>Album>Song, because if you use a folder-based player like PowerAmp or MortPlayer, this organization makes the most sense.

You should be able to save the music anywhere, though, because when you insert the SD card into the device, the Media Scanner should automatically scan all folders for media like music files and photos, and populate the system's databases accordingly.

Be forewarned, however, that Samsung devices and SD cards (especially 64 GB) have a tendency not to play well together. Many people have no problems, but there are a fair number of threads on these and other forums discussing problems with reading SD cards or corrupted cards.

Two issues concerning 64GB. Fake cards, and low grade cards. My standard for them is anything that's running well in an SGS4 or a GoPro HD Hero 3 which also has reputation as a card buster.

Otherwise yeah music should be detected.

"From ATT" you said...but is it the wifi/3g/LTE? Because the LTE is a *monster*
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It is the LTE. I'm liking it pretty good so far. Not much bigger than my note 3 lol.

I messed up earlier also, I ordered a 32 GB SD card. Its a Samsung card so well see what happens.

Thank you both for your replies.

When you get the card, run SD Insight to make sure it's what it says it is.
    Thanked by:
    brosko 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I will for sure. If its not, I'll send it back right away

I have a Sandisk 32g card in my tab 3.8.0 and have put all my music in folders relating to the albums and have no problem playing them all. I do make playlists so I can change the music to suit my mood and find this brilliant. The Asus tablet I first bought would lose the contents of the playlists when turned off but the tab 3 is great. Hope your tab 3.7.0 gves you as much pleasure as mine has.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The card is 100% legit. And the music I put on my SD card from my CSS worked flawlessly. Thanks for the tips everyone
    B. Diddy likes this.