galaxy tab 3 won't charge or turn on. Help

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
My sister brought me her tab 3.8.0 that she has had for 1 month. It would not turn on or charge. On button and home button for 20 seconds cured it so thanks for the answer. She had let it run low on charge but will not in future.

Posted via Android Central App

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Sadly today she found the tablet now wont turn off. Well to be precise it turns itself back on within seconds. Oh well it looks like another fiddle or she takes it back to the shop for repair or replace.
Edit: actually ignore this post as the on/off button was not being held in long enough I have been told. Phew thank goodnes for that.
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

robyn lucas

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a charging issue with my galaxy as well. It turns on just fine and I can use it fine, it just wont charge. It takes like 3 full days of charging with little to limited use to get my battery at 100%. It acknowledges the charger, the little icon comes up when I plug it in but it just takes forever to charge. I've tried several other chargers too and none of them seem to make it charge faster.
Anyone else have this issue?

Ion66

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Saved me from prying my tab open (again)!! Home+power for 10+ seconds did the trick. Mine randomly, even with a near full charge, just refuses to turn on. This happens every few months so far. Such a relief to see it wake back up!!

Angela Gross1

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm soo frustrated as well. My son's tablet quit working so I sent it to Samsung Sam song told me there was a bad part and I paid $70 to get it fixed only to have it not work a month later help

omshh1

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
John, the simple answer to your question is "No." All resetting the battery does is change it from "brick status" back to empty battery needing to be charged mode.

I hope this helps!

-Ray

Actually, while.you gave the correct answer with regards to "disconnecting the battery will not wipe installed apps, settings, data... etc", unplugging the battery does not mysteriously make for an "empty battery needing to be charged again"...

Disconnecting the battery is like doing a battery pull on devices that have an accessible/removable battery. In other words, disconnecting the battery is doing a soft reset on the device, thereby shutting down any malfunctioning applications, clearing cache and setting the device into a restart.

That being said, none of the suggestions offered here has worked for me on my Samsung Tab 3... I've disconnecred the battery, held down Home Key + Power button for much longer than 15 seconds, held down Home + Volume Down + Power buttons; used the Samsung OEM charger with and without the OEM cable; as well as a USB port; tested the charger port and it works fine and charges the battery as it always has, and, I tested the battery which is holding a full charge... I even disassembled the entire tablet and reassembled it together hoping I would come across a pinched cable or loose connector or something of the sort. And yet I am getting NOTHING as far as a boot, not even a flicker...

Any new ideas? Anh recomemdations?

I'll even offer a sure solution to those who are getting their PC or laptop to sense the tablet as being hardware that was plugged in, whether or not it recognizes it and regardless of whether it has the correct device drivers installed or not...

If you can see your device on your computer, then Google "Android Toolkit" ( you might also find it by searching for "Google Nexus Toolkit")... This is an amazing tool that will help recover your tablet (or any other Android device for that matter) but it also offers many other utilites and applications that are useful for other tasks. Keep in mind that while it calls out several Android devices by name, it also has an option for you to work on any Android device by simply choosing the "Generic Android Device" option.

I hope this helps someone...

Kay Phillips

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine when plugged in kept cycling between the circle, battery charging icon at 0% then black. If left plugged in all night, it would charge.

I have tried everything except disconnecting the battery.

The fix: while plugged in hold the power button and home button at the same time until it turns on. Worked great for me.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Thanks

This worked for me, thanks.

kazosb100

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
this worked for me on a tab 2 help on/off button and volume button and turned on had tried for hours before - slight variation but you helped thanks

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
That being said, none of the suggestions offered here has worked for me on my Samsung Tab 3...

Any new ideas? Anh recomemdations?
What is your specific model ? Tab 3 has different models and sizes: 7.0,8.0,10.1 , each has its own problem. If it's Tab 3 7.0 like SM-T210R, SM-T2105 , a firmware upgrade to the latest version will fix charging problem
I have no idea what is your model, I guess this is a tab 3 7,0 screen.

Jono82

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I know most people have figured this out using the various methods discussed. I for one had tried all listed and nothing. I had almost given up when I watched a youtube video. The gentleman said that he never uses anything but the charger that comes with the tablet. It occurred to me that I was using and have been forever a charger from an S2 phone. Either way I plugged it in and boom, the battery started to charge. I hope this saves someone some effort. Not every samsung charger is the same even if the output voltage seems the same.

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I read on this forum that it's a common issue. I've tried 3 different chargers. I've tried holding the power button, power and volume etc. Still not working.

Plugged it into my laptop and Windows said it didn't recognize my device or my device has malfunctioned.

This is crap:(.

It's only 3 months old. It's the kids tab version.

I called the Geek Squad at Best Buy to see if they had a magic way to charge it and they said if Windows won't recognize it then I need to call Samsung and get it replaced under the warranty

Anything else I can try?

Having the same problem as you

Sumaia Meah

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy tab 3 wont turn on. and my power botton is probably broken.

i tried to turn on my tablet . but the power button is either stuck or not going in . :'(
it charges but idk why its not turning on .??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i tried everthing!
also the volume button doesn't work!
whenever i use the tablet it shuts down by itself when im in the middle of something!!:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

ak331

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy tab 3 wont turn on. and my power botton is probably broken.

i tried to turn on my tablet . but the power button is either stuck or not going in . :'(
it charges but idk why its not turning on .??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i tried everthing!
also the volume button doesn't work!
whenever i use the tablet it shuts down by itself when im in the middle of something!!:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

It did not work for a week. Saw the post and pressing power and home button at the same time it worked.
Thanks a lot you guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon