Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Cant unlock screen

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 frpom Sprint. Model number is SM-T217S. My kid locked the screen using a passcode and i do not know the password. I have searched the net some and see i should be able to unlock it through the Google Account, however i cant even seem to get this tablet to give me that option. Please Help !

Default Re: Cant unlock screen

Keep doing the wrong one and letting it lock you out after 30 seconds and eventually the option you're looking for will pop up.

Alternatively, if you have already set up Android Device Manager then Google "Android Device Manager" and choose "Lock & Erase". Then the locl screen will automatically update asking for a password. That option might be more temporary, however, as you would still need to know the old lock to change it in the settings of your phone.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have typed in a hundred wrong codes and the only thing i get is you have incorrectly entered your password please try again in 30 seconds. But no option for recovery question or google account

How old is this kid. Will it remember the password.

But in worst case you could use the Samsung instructions to reboot into recovery and clear the device. Not a great thing to have to do tho. Check the manufacturer FAQs I think there is one for password.

After this? MAKE A 2ND ACCOUNT FOR THE KID. Then secure the main account appropriately with a face login or password or swipe code. Multi user management is proof that iPads are forsaken.