Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stylus that does not have soft rubber tip

I need a good note taking stylus that won't break my college student wallet.

I currently have a stylus with a soft bottom which works Okay but isn't precise.

Is there a stylus that is < $5 or <$10 that has a sort of solid tip that will work on our tablets. Sort of like the note 10.1 stylus.

Posted via Android Central App

Penn state industries makes a cloth tip that works very well and smooth. You just replace the tip for thier kits with this one.
    http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PK...l?prodpage=1PK
    http://www.pennstateind.com/store/stylus-pen-kits.html
    If you know some one with a wood lathe they are rather easy to make.

But I have never seen one that will be as precise as a note's stylus. I think it is a difference in digitizers and software on the devices so if you want the precision of a note you need to get one.

Default Re: Stylus that does not have soft rubber tip

Quote Originally Posted by dimbulb71 View Post
    Penn state industries makes a cloth tip that works very well and smooth. You just replace the tip for thier kits with this one.
    Mesh Fabric Stylus Tips for Chrome Pen Kits (3pk) at Penn State Industries
    Stylus Pen Kits at Penn State Industries
    If you know some one with a wood lathe they are rather easy to make.

But I have never seen one that will be as precise as a note's stylus. I think it is a difference in digitizers and software on the devices so if you want the precision of a note you need to get one.

To clarify this is the difference between a 2d sensor oriented toward fingers vs a virtual 3d sensor array operating independently of the mere capacitive sensor. A true stylus device emits a field that fully powers an interaction with buttons and pressure sensors on the stylus itself. It tracks the position of the tip but also the rotation and angle of the body of the stylus. A full precision implementation as seen on a PC connected tablet will have writing and erasing tips with more than 512 pressure steps, the ability to simulate calligraphy, and one or more extra buttons (often also pressure stepped) which are programmable to such tasks as touchless airbrushing. Many newer such interfaces can also launch programs, control presentations and accept special gestures.

Nearly as good as the 'light pen' from ancient professional design workstations.