Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Tab 3 10.1 - Cannot use headphone button

Hi, this is my first post so sorry if I'm messing it up.
    I have a Samsung Tab 3 10.1 which is running the default Android 4.1.2 (Atleast I think its the default, I haven't changed it atleast)
    I also have one of those earpieces with an inline mic and a button which you can use to control music and answer calls that came with my old phone (A sony arc S)
    When I plug it into the tablet, it detects it as earphones, but the button and possibly the mic doesn't seem to work. I tried using apps like Soundabout to no avail.

Is there a way to get that button to work? Since I don't really want to use a Bluetooth headset(I tend to forget to charge stuff)
    Thanks

Default Re: Samsung Tab 3 10.1 - Cannot use headphone button

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, various companies use slightly different configurations for their multifunction headphones, so a set that is compatible with one device is not necessarily fully compatible with a different brand. This is most noticeable with iPod-compatible headphones, but apparently Samsung also uses a slightly different configuration than other manufacturers.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, various companies use slightly different configurations for their multifunction headphones, so a set that is compatible with one device is not necessarily fully compatible with a different brand. This is most noticeable with iPod-compatible headphones, but apparently Samsung also uses a slightly different configuration than other manufacturers.
    Ah, does this mean that wired headphones out there that works with this tablet exists?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you, I'll give it a try. Lets hope I don't end up wasting money buying something that doesn't work though!