Samsung Tab 3 10.1 - Cannot use headphone button
Hi, this is my first post so sorry if I'm messing it up.
I have a Samsung Tab 3 10.1 which is running the default Android 4.1.2 (Atleast I think its the default, I haven't changed it atleast)
I also have one of those earpieces with an inline mic and a button which you can use to control music and answer calls that came with my old phone (A sony arc S)
When I plug it into the tablet, it detects it as earphones, but the button and possibly the mic doesn't seem to work. I tried using apps like Soundabout to no avail.
Is there a way to get that button to work? Since I don't really want to use a Bluetooth headset(I tend to forget to charge stuff)
- 03-19-2014, 10:50 PM #2
Re: Samsung Tab 3 10.1 - Cannot use headphone button
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, various companies use slightly different configurations for their multifunction headphones, so a set that is compatible with one device is not necessarily fully compatible with a different brand. This is most noticeable with iPod-compatible headphones, but apparently Samsung also uses a slightly different configuration than other manufacturers.
- 03-19-2014, 11:34 PM #4
- By dpham00 in forum Business & Enterprise LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 01-29-2016, 09:10 AM
- By Batman8888 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 25Last Post: 09-15-2014, 09:37 PM
- By f2k8 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 04-19-2014, 04:32 PM
- By Tim Scharfenberg in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2014, 09:25 PM
- By ToxicPhreak in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 03-19-2014, 07:45 PM