Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Zee

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

Default Galaxy Tab 3: KitKat update?

When Samsung first announced Android Kitkat 4.4 for their devices, I saw the Galaxy Tab listed among the devices. Anyone have any info as to whether this is going to roll out soon? I'm specifically talking about the Galaxy Tab 3, 7"
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Default Re: KitKat update?

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    When Samsung first announced Android Kitkat 4.4 for their devices, I saw the Galaxy Tab listed among the devices. Anyone have any info as to whether this is going to roll out soon? I'm specifically talking about the Galaxy Tab 3, 7"
    My hope is "they need to wait until most kitkat problems are fixed". And not before that or I refuse to update.

Default Re: KitKat update?

I have had no problems at all with 4.4.2 on my n7, it works flawlessly.

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3: KitKat update?

It will come eventually. You just need to wait.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.
    Thanked by:

Iv been searching the answer for some time now. Very frustrating that no one knows. Would be great if Samsung could manage to give a rough estimate and end speculation. Iv avoid forums for years because answers rarely get fully answered and qeustions gets move by moderators and deleted. Maybe these moderators should start cleaning up these forums and delete old post that get no concrete answers or solutions. The intetnet is a great tool for educataion and would be great to improve it for people like me and others who want to learn and know more, not just full of smug people who think they know it all and talk down to people who try to improve their knowledge. Sorry for the rant might not make sense, might not be spelt right or grammer correct but it bugs me.

Posted via Android Central App

I don't plan to take the update because of the issues with not saving to the SD Card.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

I had not heard that Kitkat did not store to the sd card. is this for real?

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Quote Originally Posted by hawkbender View Post
    I had not heard that Kitkat did not store to the sd card. is this for real?
    KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

By the time it comes, I will probably have a new Ipad !

Sadly, it looks like eventually I'll need to buy a MP3 player to handle my music collection. Then I can carry around three devices.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

My kids got the 4.4.2 update today on their Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. I'll post any big changes.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Well first disappointment is you can no longer hide apps with the stock launcher, that was my favorite way to hide all the Samsung junk from the kiddos.

Quote Originally Posted by kbot1226 View Post
    Well first disappointment is you can no longer hide apps with the stock launcher, that was my favorite way to hide all the Samsung junk from the kiddos.
    FWIW, on my Verizon Galaxy S4 which is running 4.4.2, I'm able to "Turn Off" bloatware. After a bloatware app is turned off (Settings>More>Application Manager, then select the app and Turn Off), those apps are now longer shown in the App Drawer. In Settings, Application Manager even presents a separate category named Turned Off (scroll all the way to the right).

I can't seem to find any info on the update for the 10.1... Seriously, its almost like Samsung is going to leave this tablet in the dust now that they have the Tab 4 series out and everything.

Edit: Just chatted with Samsung support and they are clueless to the update release date. Of course.

Global Posts
    6,546 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I also have the GT3 7" with Sprint, updated to 4.4.2 a few days ago and am able to turn off plenty of apps, including Samsung apps.

Sent From Inside The Time Vortex With My Galaxy Tab 3
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Hopefully we get one more update after KitKat!!! I think they aren't releasing the update for the other WiFi and AT&tT because they didn't have 4.4.2 ready for them and only had it ready for the Sprint model only, I think they are working on 4.4.4 for the WiFi and AT&T model right now but they need to hurry up!!! But Hopefully we get the "L" release too!! Here's to hopping!!

I almost didn't upgrade for the same reasons, then found out it was possible to have full use of the SDcard.
    If you root your tab, there is an app on google play that restores the full use of the SD card.
    I'm running 4.4.2 on my Tab 3 8.0 with no SD card issues.

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    I don't plan to take the update because of the issues with not saving to the SD Card.

I almost didn't upgrade for the same reasons, then found out it was possible to have full use of the SDcard.
    If you root your tab, there is an app on google play that restores the full use of the SD card.
    I'm running 4.4.2 on my Tab 3 8.0 with no SD card issues

****UPDATE****
    My apologies, I updated my Galaxy S3 and Tab 3 8.0 the same day.
    The S3 still lets you hide apps in the app drawer. The Tab 3 8.0 doesn't. Sorry

On my Tab 3 8.0 you can still hide apps in the app drawer, it works the same way it did before the upgrade.
    Open app drawer> open menu> select hide apps> tap the apps you want to hide
    I downloaded and installed the French release, but I don't think it would be any different on the US release.

Have a Tab 3 8.0, post Kitkat upgrade I have lost any kind of volume on the video player (and additional player) battery life is rubbish but, most of all, I have lost GPS connectivity...... Believe 'location' tab is the new way but then you commit to it telling the world and his wife where you are, besides the point it just does not work.

In addition .avi video 'staggers', it consistently keeps reloading dross that only pre-puberty and brain dead LCD addicts, without a life, would consider using. It keep wanting me to take the NY Times, why I'm a Brit and have little use for that or Blomburg, I don't want games, chat or any of the other rubbish overloading the memory, but I can't erase it, it keeps coming back.

This upgrade (is it?) has taken a good piece of equipment and wrecked it, fought off Apple Ipads for years but??????

I can get the update for my Tab 3 7.0 but I'm seriously thinking about ignoring it because I use the SD Card a lot.

Sent from my LG G2 using TapaTalk
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Zee

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    I can get the update for my Tab 3 7.0 but I'm seriously thinking about ignoring it because I use the SD Card a lot.

Sent from my LG G2 using TapaTalk
    How can you get the update?
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

My device downloaded software update and because of sd card problem I do not want to upgrade how do I remove this file from device as I cannot find where the file us being stored, any help with this would be appreciated....thanks in advance

I found solution so please ignore this post.....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itekweni View Post
    My device downloaded software update and because of sd card problem I do not want to upgrade how do I remove this file from device as I cannot find where the file us being stored, any help with this would be appreciated....thanks in advance

I found solution so please ignore this post.....thanks
    If it's not too much of an imposition (yes, that's sarcasm), how about sharing your solution so that others will benefit. Jeez!!
    Thanked by 2:

Sorry about not sharing but since my post the software update file has returned and I am still trying to find a solution and if and when I find out how to remove this I will share on the site
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast