Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google play store

Please can someone tell me how to password protect access to the play store for all content? My son Is constantly clogging it up with free games! I have clicked settings and require password for all purchases but he can still download free games! I can't even find where to log out from the play store as even this would do! Anything to stop him being able to fritter away his memory.

Samsung galaxy tab 3 I am using.

Default Re: Google play store

I personally haven't heard of a way to block all apps from being downloaded.

Let me see if others can chime in on this.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Global Posts
    25,239 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by JD-1978 View Post
    Please can someone tell me how to password protect access to the play store for all content? My son Is constantly clogging it up with free games! I have clicked settings and require password for all purchases but he can still download free games! I can't even find where to log out from the play store as even this would do! Anything to stop him being able to fritter away his memory.

I would counter suggest an app called App Lock. Free on Play. You can password protect the App itself, Settings and Play.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by:
    VDub2174 likes this.

What about just turning the play store off?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok thanks, might have to look for that app lock then
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Wow thanks, god that was fast and the app is great!! Why is something like this not built in? Great app and great advice, cheers guys.

Global Posts
    25,239 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Wow thanks, god that was fast and the app is great!! Why is something like this not built in? Great app and great advice, cheers guys.
    Not sure why it isn't built in. But glad it helped. Make sure you put settings as password protected, as apps can be removed from that section of the device.
    Feel free to ask any other questions. See you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Kid mode, it's stock in the tablet

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Tab 3 line supports Multi User (separate accounts and settings), you can make a more limited account for him. Then your things stay separate and he can't easily install ANYthing from ANY app store or by clicking on an .apk either. Much safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Tab 3 line supports Multi User (separate accounts and settings), you can make a more limited account for him. Then your things stay separate and he can't easily install ANYthing from ANY app store or by clicking on an .apk either. Much safer.
    Not all Tab 3's support multi user.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Multi-user for the GT 3 line has been rumored to be part of a future update to 4.2.2 (see Sammobile) but AFAIK I hasn't happened yet, at least not in the US. My Tab 3 8.0 has 4.2.2 and it does not have a multi-user feature available.

Maybe we will see it on our Tabs when it gets 4.4....(he said sarcastically)

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk