Google play store

JD-1978

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Please can someone tell me how to password protect access to the play store for all content? My son Is constantly clogging it up with free games! I have clicked settings and require password for all purchases but he can still download free games! I can't even find where to log out from the play store as even this would do! Anything to stop him being able to fritter away his memory.

Samsung galaxy tab 3 I am using.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I personally haven't heard of a way to block all apps from being downloaded.

Let me see if others can chime in on this.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Please can someone tell me how to password protect access to the play store for all content? My son Is constantly clogging it up with free games! I have clicked settings and require password for all purchases but he can still download free games! I can't even find where to log out from the play store as even this would do! Anything to stop him being able to fritter away his memory.

I would counter suggest an app called App Lock. Free on Play. You can password protect the App itself, Settings and Play.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What about just turning the play store off?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

JD-1978

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow thanks, god that was fast and the app is great!! Why is something like this not built in? Great app and great advice, cheers guys.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow thanks, god that was fast and the app is great!! Why is something like this not built in? Great app and great advice, cheers guys.

Not sure why it isn't built in. But glad it helped. Make sure you put settings as password protected, as apps can be removed from that section of the device.
Feel free to ask any other questions. See you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Tab 3 line supports Multi User (separate accounts and settings), you can make a more limited account for him. Then your things stay separate and he can't easily install ANYthing from ANY app store or by clicking on an .apk either. Much safer.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Tab 3 line supports Multi User (separate accounts and settings), you can make a more limited account for him. Then your things stay separate and he can't easily install ANYthing from ANY app store or by clicking on an .apk either. Much safer.

Not all Tab 3's support multi user.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Multi-user for the GT 3 line has been rumored to be part of a future update to 4.2.2 (see Sammobile) but AFAIK I hasn't happened yet, at least not in the US. My Tab 3 8.0 has 4.2.2 and it does not have a multi-user feature available.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe we will see it on our Tabs when it gets 4.4....(he said sarcastically)

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084