Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 charging problems in Europe

valhalle

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased my new tablet and everything worked fine in the u.s. in terms of charging, etc. Took it over here to England and it won't charge. Tried both the wall charger and into a p.c. thru the usb cable, neither works. With the power off, plugged in, i plug in the charger. I get a symbol that comes up on the screen recognizing it has been plugged in, it goes off after a couple of seconds and then refuses to charge.

Any suggestions on what i can do to remedy this.

Cheers.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
valhalle,

I'm not surprised that it won't charge from the PC. very few USB ports put out enough current to charge a tablet.

Are you using the original Samsung wall charger? That should work fine, with the correct plug adaptor, in England.

If you bought a wall charger in England, verify the output current. The Samsung charger is 2.0A at 5V.
A 1.0A charger will do the job, but will take a lot longer to charge.
The best choice is the Samsung charger with a wall plug adaptor.

valhalle

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Aha. I've been using the cell phone adaptor from the u.k. my family uses here to charge their phone. It says output is 0.4A. I don't have an adaptor for the u.k. plug, i'll go and buy one. Many thanks for giving me the answer.

Cheers.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Aha. I've been using the cell phone adaptor from the u.k. my family uses here to charge their phone. It says output is 0.4A. I don't have an adaptor for the u.k. plug, i'll go and buy one. Many thanks for giving me the answer.

Cheers.

0.4A will not charge your Tab, The adaptor is just what you need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol