Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I just bought this and I can not get anything to work! Please help!

Okay, first off I am terrible with computers, tablets, phones, anything that plugs in or takes a battery pretty much. I have a bunch of Apple stuff, and I love it, but there is one app that I really need for a business I run that is unfortunately only available on Android. I just bought this Samsung Note Tab 3 tablet to get this app, I have been screwing with it for about 5 hours, and I can not get anything to work.

First a little about me and my situation. I am an American living in Okinawa Japan. I bought the tablet at an American store on an American military base here. I can not just call google in America from here for help, and if I call google japan they all speak japanese. I have an American credit card, and an American APO address.

First, I was prompted to set up some sort of Samsung account. I did,and they sent me a confirmation email that I have to click on to confirm my account. The email they sent me was all in Japanese, and after using google translate i figured out were to click, but nothing on samsung.com is loading for me, not even samsung.com itself.

Second, I tried to figure out how to change the region of my google play store. I downloaded some Region Changer app that came up when i googled it, but when i try to change region to English U.S. it gives me an error:
    'Due to after Android 4.2 system limit RegionChagner can't granted permission (device not rooted) please use dab shell run pm grant tw.TigerHuang.RegionChanger android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION commands. or Enable USB Debugging and connect your device to your computer and run this http://goo.gl/rYgs5t'
    I have no idea what the hell this means. I tried plugging it into my computer and downloading whatever it was that the link goo.gl whatever took me to, but even after downloading some new program on my mac i can not get it to work, so my whole app store is still in Japanese.

Lastly, and most important, when i try to download the app that I need, like right now, I get an error saying:
    "Your order was declined because it was considered high-risk. Please try again in 30 minutes."
    I have waited 30 minutes, I have tried different cards, nothing works. I have seen other threads here but I do not understand any what was said in them about this problem.

Can someone please help me with all of these problems? I really really need this app right now.... Thank you!

Default Re: I just bought this and I can not get anything to work! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by zachgop View Post
    Okay, first off I am terrible with computers, tablets, phones, anything that plugs in or takes a battery pretty much. I have a bunch of Apple stuff, and I love it, but there is one app that I really need for a business I run that is unfortunately only available on Android. I just bought this Samsung Note Tab 3 tablet to get this app, I have been screwing with it for about 5 hours, and I can not get anything to work.

First a little about me and my situation. I am an American living in Okinawa Japan. I bought the tablet at an American store on an American military base here. I can not just call google in America from here for help, and if I call google japan they all speak japanese. I have an American credit card, and an American APO address.

First, I was prompted to set up some sort of Samsung account. I did,and they sent me a confirmation email that I have to click on to confirm my account. The email they sent me was all in Japanese, and after using google translate i figured out were to click, but nothing on samsung.com is loading for me, not even samsung.com itself.

Second, I tried to figure out how to change the region of my google play store. I downloaded some Region Changer app that came up when i googled it, but when i try to change region to English U.S. it gives me an error:
    'Due to after Android 4.2 system limit RegionChagner can't granted permission (device not rooted) please use dab shell run pm grant tw.TigerHuang.RegionChanger android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION commands. or Enable USB Debugging and connect your device to your computer and run this http://goo.gl/rYgs5t'
    I have no idea what the hell this means. I tried plugging it into my computer and downloading whatever it was that the link goo.gl whatever took me to, but even after downloading some new program on my mac i can not get it to work, so my whole app store is still in Japanese.

Lastly, and most important, when i try to download the app that I need, like right now, I get an error saying:
    "Your order was declined because it was considered high-risk. Please try again in 30 minutes."
    I have waited 30 minutes, I have tried different cards, nothing works. I have seen other threads here but I do not understand any what was said in them about this problem.

Can someone please help me with all of these problems? I really really need this app right now.... Thank you!
    I assume your device itself is using the english interface? Which is available from five choices in Settings. It sounds like Google Play is working off your generic location or something, still generally less restrictive than iTunes region locks but whatever. USE YOUR MAC TO INTERNET. GO ON GOOGLE PLAY WEBSITE.

Log in with the same account as your tablet is set to use. Try to purchase the app via the website, if necessary using funds from a Google Play wallet giftcard (in dollars I hope), furthermore if necessary using payment info based on an American address if you still have trouble....?

Welcome to the cold hard reality of buying online, there is neither unity nor friendliness to be had. And the program for the computer is probably Windows-only for trying to force a device to use a different geographic market.