Does your power cable fail sometimes?

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.1 features Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. which is less than six months old. There are times when I use the power cable to charge it up and it fails. It seems to me that for whatever reason each of the three connections have to be "just right". Three? the power plug, the micro connector to tablet and the less that useful USB bit that whilst it gives the opportunity to charge from laptop, is rarely used, but you have to ensure it sits snug in main plug.

I'm tempted to try using a mobile phone charger, is this recommended?, failing that, buy a new charger that doesn't have the USB section.

I appreciate this may not be something specific to my model and wondered if anyone else has experienced such an issue, even though minor, but nevertheless irritating.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
My Tab 3.8 connections are tight and secure and have never failed even when using the machine connected to the power adapter. I dont think it is wise to use a phone charger as these are normally rated at a lower current output and if this overloads them and they fail it may damage the tablet. The micro usb sockets are small and more delicate than their bigger brothers so it is important to make sure the plug is straight when inserting it into the tablet and not to use force.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
My Tab 3.8 connections are tight and secure and have never failed even when using the machine connected to the power adapter. I dont think it is wise to use a phone charger as these are normally rated at a lower current output and if this overloads them and they fail it may damage the tablet. The micro usb sockets are small and more delicate than their bigger brothers so it is important to make sure the plug is straight when inserting it into the tablet and not to use force.

Thank you for that and congratulations. I think you are the first person to answer one of my posts directly, I was beginning to become paranoid.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks kingfisher but I dont come on here that often so you are lucky I saw your post when I did. Further info to your question is be careful when removing the micro usb plug from the tablet as moving it side to side or up and down will damage the socket. Just pull it straight out for best results.

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks kingfisher but I dont come on here that often so you are lucky I saw your post when I did. Further info to your question is be careful when removing the micro usb plug from the tablet as moving it side to side or up and down will damage the socket. Just pull it straight out for best results.

Thanks again. Two things new:-

First I bought a new charger with no separation for USB so it's into power and into tablet and hey presto it works.

Second, I read somewhere that when you have connected ready to charge, there should be a lightening fork over the battery icon, this denotes it is actually charging. I have to say I hadn't noticed this before. Maybe if when using the issued charger, I had monitored this closely, maybe I would be wiser.

If as you say, the micro plug needs to be used with care, perhaps it is damaged. Don't think I will try it again unless I'm really stuck.

I too don't come here too often.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc