Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy 3 shuts off immediately when power cord is plugged in

Hi there,
    I have a Samsung galaxy 3 tablet and it was working perfectly fine. Now it won't fully charge. When you can finally get it turned on, the second you plug the charger in, it's turns off and won't start again. I've tried disconnecting the battery and that starts in charging again but when it says 100% charged in the off state, when it finally turns on the power shows at about 30%.
    I'm a newbie here so sorry if this has already been solved by someone. Any help much appreciated

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 3 shuts off immediately when power cord is plugged in

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Waldron View Post
    Hi there,
    I have a Samsung galaxy 3 tablet and it was working perfectly fine. Now it won't fully charge. When you can finally get it turned on, the second you plug the charger in, it's turns off and won't start again. I've tried disconnecting the battery and that starts in charging again but when it says 100% charged in the off state, when it finally turns on the power shows at about 30%.
    I'm a newbie here so sorry if this has already been solved by someone. Any help much appreciated

Are you using the stock charger that came with the tablet?
    If you "wiggle" the cord does it connect?
    Have you cleaned out the USB port?
    You may have a faulty battery.

Check out this thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 3 shuts off immediately when power cord is plugged in

I'm having the same problem, but I am using factory charger and I have replace the battery the replacement for it. And it is still doing the same thing, will not charge and when it is on and I plug it in, it shuts off, so what could be the problem????