Need to use less battery ideally

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I would like someone to advise me how to use less battery please. Yes, it's an odd question but there's a method in my madness. I'm about to start (hopefully) using a mifi for rail journeys that could take up to five hours. If the mifi is a success, I might try to use my galaxy tab 3 longer than the battery will allow, so if I can make a few adjustments (power saving) then maybe I will be able to have a degree of success.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I would like someone to advise me how to use less battery please. Yes, it's an odd question but there's a method in my madness. I'm about to start (hopefully) using a mifi for rail journeys that could take up to five hours. If the mifi is a success, I might try to use my galaxy tab 3 longer than the battery will allow, so if I can make a few adjustments (power saving) then maybe I will be able to have a degree of success.

Well, what you can do is switch the data connection to off position,:mad: switch on the power saving mode,:p install a battery saver application like Du-Battery saver etc..:cool: I am sure these trick are enough to keep you last for 1 day 12hrs. :-$

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, what you can do is switch the data connection to off position,:mad: switch on the power saving mode,:p install a battery saver application like Du-Battery saver etc..:cool: I am sure these trick are enough to keep you last for 1 day 12hrs. :-$

Kathy, I will certainly set about doing this, thanks. I have installed comodo as it was free. Turned off GPS, brightness and feedback. Unsure about auto sync. Because of problems which lasted week, I turned sync off on the home page as everything came over from my laptop but brought a problem with it, so now anything I have on tablet, I introduce myself via google. DAMN!, in those short minutes, that problem returned. It is a pop up box that says, "unfortunately .............has stopped". That is entirely due to syncing. Must go and investigate further.

PHEW! this is the message Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped and it first showed itself when I had my tablet synced to laptop. I did a factory reset and it was still there, removed free apps, still there, then removed all bookmarks/favourites and re-installed them via google and it didn't appear anymore. Obviously when installing comodo, it must have undone the sync and allowed them back in. They now been removed and hopefully so will the pop-up.

Last edited:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Comodo....the dubious security vendor? Eck.

How long is your battery running, I can roll over ten hours reading without min brightness or turning the radios off on my 7.0 LTE. For very intensive things I mostly hit six hours screen time which is still longer than a 5hr rail ride.

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Comodo....the dubious security vendor? Eck.

How long is your battery running, I can roll over ten hours reading without min brightness or turning the radios off on my 7.0 LTE. For very intensive things I mostly hit six hours screen time which is still longer than a 5hr rail ride.

Hi there, what is wrong with comodo? I must say I had heard of it before but knew nothing about it. I couldn't say how long my tab would last. The thing is, at home I only use it in bed at night and when I wake up. During the day it's my laptop. I just wanted to ensure that when I get my mifi working, the battery will last for five hours non-stop use.

Is there an alternative to comodo that you'd recommend

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
For tablets and phones I don't even bother with a 'security' app. Android does not have sufficient provision for security programs to really do an effective job....the basics are "don't be stupid" and try to avoid using the stock browser. ...And be careful about new or obscure apps.

It should be 100% impossible for your tablet to run less than five hours screen time over wifi. Your tethering device's battery is much more likely to run out first. And that assumes online gaming or netflix. In fact the chances are good that your tablet battery will last thru two five hour commutes if you shut it down in between. Or very nearly, if you are not in Minecraft or such.