Help installing new themes for rooted Galaxy Tab 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted galaxy, and have downloaded a theme off of the play store(ctOS), and I do not know how to install it, please help the noob here.

I don't think I have seen you around before. Welcome to the forums.
Can you link to the theme you downloaded in Play?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The first is definitely a theme for a custom ROM, like Cyanogen. The second sounds like a theme for specific launchers. However, Nova isn't one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, how would I go about installing the first or second one? (Thanks for the help so far)

A custom ROM is a different version of your OS. Its still Android, but changed, both visually and functionally. It requires root access which voids your warranty.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK. So make a Nandroid just in case, and you just need to find a custom ROM for your exact model number. One of the first places I would check is cyanogenmods website.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Any other mods I could try, or maybe you could help me figure out the second one with the launcher it says?

Since the app specifically says Smart launcher, I would begin with that. In the launchers settings, there should be a theme option. Try that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

DEADPOOL11

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Since we are on the topic of NOOBS...I could really use some help guys. First off I know nothing about hacking phones/tablets and what not, but I need to root my Galaxy Tab 3 and I have no idea how...?? PLEASE HELP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol