Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SMS issues

Hey everybody.

Im new to the forums so sorry for my n00bness. I have been having an issue with my tablet and hoping you guys can help. I recently won a tablet (3g + wfi) in a competition from my school. It was however, not even from my own country as the plug wasn't even the right one. (Way to go school, you gave me the wrong country tablet) However, I had an old USB to wall plug so I just ued that.

Anyway, I had an old Prepaid SIM card from one of the carriers in my country, and I popped that in and boom. It recognized it and I was good to all. I had to do was put some money on it.I sent myself a text from a different phone and it worked like a charm. I couldn't send out because I was out of airtime. But I can receive texts for free. I was then talking to my friend who mentioned that Prepaid cards expire after 6 months. (I hadn't used that one in like 3 years). So off I went to buy a brand new SIM card, this time from a different carrier, from the pharmacy.(You can just buy Pepaid SIM cards from places around the country and they come with $15 credit. No need to go to the actual carrier shop) I get home pop it in and all is well. I can make and receive calls like a charm. But this is were the bad news comes. I can not get any text messages out, or receive any from other people. I called up customer care for my carrier multiple times, and they are sure that its not their end as everything is enabled. Phone, SMS, etc. I NEED my SMS mainly for apps and such that require you to receive an SMS for activation. (I'm looking at you Google)

If anyone has any idea or suggestions to get this fixed it would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SMS issues

So. Your old SIM let you receive texts and your new one does not?

And you were not able to add balance to the old SIM?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SMS issues

Correct. The old one still technically worked, but it just wouldn't allow me to add funds because it has expired. The new one works, minus the SMS's. Those just don't work. I'm thinking maybe something in the settings of the tablet that is supposed to change if your carrier changes, didnt causing issues.