Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy tab 3 7.0 won't download things.

Hi, I'm new here.

I have had my galaxy tab 3 7.0 for a few months now and all of a sudden it won't let me download things from the net. Say if I want to save an image of the net I click save image and it then says "starting download" at the bottom of the screen but the download icon never appears at the top. I check my downloads and nothing is there.

Any help please.

Ryan
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy tab 3 7.0 won't download things.

Nothing?

Default Re: Galaxy tab 3 7.0 won't download things.

The Samsung tab 3 will at odd times not download yet it says it’s connected to the internet.
    It’s a bug or fault with the tab 3 and possibly others.
    There is a workaround that will cure the problem pretty well for all time.
    What happens is the tab 3 isn’t able to communicate properly with all routers.
    It’s an IP address conflict and the responsibility is with the Tab 3 not the router.

When this happens you need to go into settings on the tab.
    The list will show the wifi networks available.
    The one you are using will be at the top.
    PRESS and HOLD down on this top wifi network (may well be your at home) and don’t release until a modify network screen come up.
    Then select the modify option.
    Tick show advanced options.
    On IP settings tick static.
    Enter an IP address yourself.
    I suggest (unless you have more than 100 devices in your home that can connect) you enter 192.168.1.169 then select save.

The point here is your router (or wherever you are) will not issue this IP address to any other device because it counts upwards when dishing them out, so 169 will always be free and the tab 3 will always work at that location (it can go up to 254 generally) You can of course use any high number that you consider wont be allotted, so that’s it.

I am saddened that Samsung don’t monitor the web for such problems and update the software. It’s an easy job. The reason why they don’t is they want to make as much profit as possible and accountancy rules not a real entrepreneur. Sure the guys can sort it, but they are still making a profit and sales without helping you.
    Last edited by john_raf; 11-11-2014 at 01:57 PM.