Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacement USB Port

Hello everyone

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 3 GT-P5210 and the USB port has become damaged. The connections are bent and shrewd inside and will not charge despite straightening using a small screw driver. I have seen a couple of replacement usb ports on-line; ebay.eu/1o6oH9q and USB Charging Port Connector Block for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 7" inch T210 T211 | eBay. I wasn't quite sure what I should be going for as its only the port that's damaged or whether the whole part including the cable needs to be replaced?

Also would anyone know where I could find instructions on how to open up the galaxy tab and change this part?

Default Re: Replacement USB Port

It depends on how much you trust yourself. I've replaced a USB port, like the one in your link, and it's not as easy as they make it look in the videos. I was able to do it and it worked but for me getting all of the little connectors soldered in and not touching was kind of a pain. If you have soldering skills or know someone who does it's definitely the more cost effective solution.

YouTube has videos for disassembly but I couldn't find one for USB port replacement for this model. However, the port replacement will be about the same for any tablet/phone device so you could watch just about any of them for that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Replacement USB Port

Hi, have finally managed to prise open the back of the galaxy tab and removed the damaged usb port, thankfully there was no soldering as the port was connected using a ribbon and glue. Have ordered a new cable listed in the original post, the only tricky bit will be installing the new port as its quite fiddly lifting up the plastic casing which is quite tight and being precise.

Default USB Port jumper ways

Samsung tab 3 10.1 not charging.

Default Re: USB Port jumper ways

If your adapter and USB cable are working fine, test them by charging another device, then the problem more likely your USB charging port is damaged or bad. Replace it is quite easy, you only need to take the rear cover off and two screws, new flex cable is only around $5 to $7.