Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7' 8gig wifi problems

lammdri

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello

A friend of mine offered me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch 8gig right out of the box, about a month ago.

I currently live in France.

I live in a building, and as soon as I turn it on, the tablet recognizes all of my neighbors's networks (about 20 of them). Some have VERY strong signals. However, on mine, there is a very weak signal, so weak that internet does not work, and yet the tablet is about 6feet away from my router--direct line of sight. When I get an inch away, then I get a very strong signal. I must include that I am not using any other wifi devices at the same time. Also, that my laptop's wifi works, my mother's laptop wifi works. The tablet itself, 6feet away gets 1 bar; two of my neighbors's wifi networks get 4bars!

This is what I tried to do:

1. I've tried to "forget" my neighbors's wifi networks (the two strongest ones) by "pressing-holding" on them, but there are no "forget" options as I've seen people do on other forums.

2. I've tried setting the correct date/time as suggested on other forums.

3. I did a system update through settings (system is, according to the tablet, "up to date": android 4.1.2)

4. I went to my router's software, saw that there was a way to "attach" wifi devices to it by submitting the device(s), in this case, my tablet's "code pin wps", but no result there...

5. Reinitialize the tablet from scratch (deleting all data).

I'm at my wits's end. Does anyone have any idea what I could do more? The solutions above were applied after reading various forums...

Thanks anyone! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try running a program like InSSIDer on your computer, or Wifi Analyzer on your device, to see what wifi channels are being used by your router and by those around you. If your router is using a very congested channel, that can affect signal and performance. You may need to log into your router and manually change the channel it uses--pick one that is less congested.

Other tips here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

lammdri

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I downloaded Inssider, but all is supposed to be okay. Least used channel is 1, and I have my router using 1. The router itself has a software that does this automatically. So I'm at 1... I switched it to another, but the tablet still drops out at 6ft (direct line of sight).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any active USB 3.0 connections anywhere near the router? That has been known to degrade nearby wifi signals.

lammdri

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy, I have no usb 3.0 connections.

To note, I have my router on a shelf near the ceiling. And like I said, an inch away from the router and I am getting 4 bars. As soon as I get it to say... 3ft, I get one bar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you move the router location?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae