| || |
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7' 8gig wifi problems
A friend of mine offered me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch 8gig right out of the box, about a month ago.
I currently live in France.
I live in a building, and as soon as I turn it on, the tablet recognizes all of my neighbors's networks (about 20 of them). Some have VERY strong signals. However, on mine, there is a very weak signal, so weak that internet does not work, and yet the tablet is about 6feet away from my router--direct line of sight. When I get an inch away, then I get a very strong signal. I must include that I am not using any other wifi devices at the same time. Also, that my laptop's wifi works, my mother's laptop wifi works. The tablet itself, 6feet away gets 1 bar; two of my neighbors's wifi networks get 4bars!
This is what I tried to do:
1. I've tried to "forget" my neighbors's wifi networks (the two strongest ones) by "pressing-holding" on them, but there are no "forget" options as I've seen people do on other forums.
2. I've tried setting the correct date/time as suggested on other forums.
3. I did a system update through settings (system is, according to the tablet, "up to date": android 4.1.2)
4. I went to my router's software, saw that there was a way to "attach" wifi devices to it by submitting the device(s), in this case, my tablet's "code pin wps", but no result there...
5. Reinitialize the tablet from scratch (deleting all data).
I'm at my wits's end. Does anyone have any idea what I could do more? The solutions above were applied after reading various forums...