Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 work with a digital pen?

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this a noob question. I want to transform my current lab notebook into a digital format...i currently have windows 8 laptop and OneNote. However, the stylus is really crappy at drawing shapes/diagrams and is not that sensitive. I've seen the advertisements for the Surface Pro that have a "digital pen" (not sure if this is the correct terminology?)...but they are way too expensive for me. My question:

If I get a Tab 3 8.0 would a digital pen work with this?

Also can someone confirm that OneNote is available on galaxy tabs? (i read a post saying that apparently the app was not available for the newer tablets - but that was back in July!)

Thanks so much!

Default Re: Will the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 work with a digital pen?

If by digital pen you mean something like that used by Galaxy Note devices, the answer is no.

Default Re: Will the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 work with a digital pen?

On a whim I bought a 2-pack of "pointing devices" off the checkout rack at Wally World. At less than $4, it was worth the risk. While they are definitely *not* precise tools (they have a spongy, round ball on the tip, about 1/4" in diameter), they work just fine on both my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and my wife's iPad Air (which is encapsulated in a military grade case, complete with plastic cover!).

Again, they are not precision pens but they are certainly more precise than my fat fingers!