Camera icon in notification bar

Chinaman3750

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Recently I have repetedly noticed a camera icon in my notification bar of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. However, when I expand the notification area, there is no explanation of what the icon means. I'm afraid that it means the camera is being used remotely by someone connecting to my tablet. Can anyone tell me what this icon means?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Power and Home buttons simultaneously pressed and held down for about 1-2 seconds until you see the screenshot taken. How To Take A Screen Shot With The Galaxy Tab 3 : Wi-Fi Tabs | Samsung
Then you can use either the main Android Central app or the Tapatalk-based Android Central Forums app to post the screenshot. On the main AC app, when you start a new post, you can tap the paper clip icon at the upper right to attach an image. I don't use the AC Forums app, so I don't know the exact procedure to post an image, but I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Chinaman3750

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Here is the screenshot. Notice the two camera icons. When you expand the notification section, the icons aren't in the list with an explanation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-27-06-09-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-06-09-15.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9

mindynoel

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I too am having the same problem but on my samsung galaxy s4. Never use to be there until my phone updated. Really like to know what this is.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is the screenshot. Notice the two camera icons. When you expand the notification section, the icons aren't in the list with an explanation.

I too am having the same problem but on my samsung galaxy s4. Never use to be there until my phone updated. Really like to know what this is.

Pull down the notification shade. If there is notifications for it, long press it to bring up the a button for the app info screen.

Sent from my One M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Chinaman3750

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Pull down the notification shade. If there is notifications for it, long press it to bring up the a button for the app info screen.

Sent from my One M8 using AC Forums mobile app

That's the point. There is no notification in the expanded notification section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781