Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmagid51
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Sync" issues

Ok, I have an S5 and a Tab 3 70. I can get everything to sync EXCEPT the following. The events in the stock calendar sync fine. For some reason I cannot get the tasks to sync.

Next I cannot get the contacts to sync at all. Additionally for some reason I cannot enter a new contact on the Tab 3.0. I know this is all pilot error...... can some one help me.!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: "Sync" issues

Which tasks are you trying to sync? Are they from a Samsung task app? Although there is a Google Tasks available on the web, there is no native Tasks app on Android (although there are 3rd party apps that can sync with Google Tasks on the web). Google Keep has largely supplanted the old Tasks, and is far superior.

Where are the contacts you're trying to sync? Are you saying you're unable to sync the contacts from your Google account (in the cloud) to your tablet? Or you're unable to sync the contacts in your tablet into your Google account? Consider the following:

1. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Contacts is checked on.
    2. Make sure the contacts on your tablet are actually associated with your Google account, and not with a "Phone Account" or "Device Account." The latter two don't sync with Google.

I am having same issue, have an app called TASKS, similar to Google Tasks, but created by BITSPIN. Worked flawlessly on my S2 but when I came over to S5, when I open that app there is about 30 sec lag time before it "unfreezes" and allows me to enter my checklists..Yes I tried contacting developer, but still no response. Saw this thread and thought maybe I am not the ony one. Everything else gmail or other syncs fine. Also anyone else have trouble seeing the TOOLBOX icon. I luv it and use it all the time but it never stays where I want it too and I find it hard to find it..too transparent for me to see..

Quote Originally Posted by richster1 View Post
    I am having same issue, have an app called TASKS, similar to Google Tasks, but created by BITSPIN.
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get this Tasks app from? When I search Google Play, the only thing that Bitspin is shown as making is Timely. If you were using this app on your S2, it sounds pretty old. How did you install it--did you sideload an .apk file? Anyway, since it's not on Google Play, it might not be supported any more by the developer, and so there may be compatibility problems with newer devices.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok we're getting there. The contacts on my S5 as well as my Tab 3 are "Device" account.

I copied the ones now on my Tab 3 via an SD card car when I moved from my old S4 to the S5.

Question now is, how can I update the contacts in both places (S5 and Tab 3) from DEVICE to Google?

Next, the tasks are from the stock calendar that comes with the S5 and Tab 3.

Part way there.

Try exporting your contacts, then importing them into Google. More details here: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part III: Managing Contacts

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hey, thanks ... it worked. What about the calendar tasks?

I'm not so sure about the calendar tasks, because there may not be a Google app that corresponds exactly to that function. Go to the Samsung calendar app, and see if there is an export option there. Not sure how you can import them to Google, though.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

No import / export capabilities in the calendar. I tried using My Task as well as Samsung Task and nothing worked. I tried the AT&T support folks, and they had no idea. Will see what developes here before I try anything else. Thanks for the help.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

One bit of caution if you use the method outlined above. Once you import your contacts back from the SD card you Wil overwrite what changes is on the device. In my case this was fine. Also when the sync happens it will add to the contacts on the other device requiring that you separate the contacts on the other device. It of editing required but again in my case I only had about 60 contacts to edit. Call it a learning experience.

Yes, importing isn't the same as syncing--so in other words, if you import a contact into your phone, it will likely overwrite any duplicates.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yes, but your solution did fix my problem. Thanks again

B. Diddy likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I guess the best way to fix the problem is to export the deviced based contacts to an SD card on each device and then import them back to a Google account before you synch. This way all the contacts are cloud based on each system. After all is done then sync the 2 devices. Like I said it's a learning experience.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Spoke to Samsung Technical Support. I was advised that within the stock calendar system they do not support the capability to sync tasks. They will support the sync ' ing of events only. What a crock .... off to find a new calendar for the Tab3.0 and the S5