SD cards .... looking for a reliable brand

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for an SD card for my Tab 3. I am looking for advise on what brand to buy. Will probably use a 32 Gb version. Speed not really a factor as I am looking to store only music and pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

kgragert

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for an SD card for my Tab 3. I am looking for advise on what brand to buy. Will probably use a 32 Gb version. Speed not really a factor as I am looking to store only music and pictures.

I can only comment on my personal experiences, but I always just bought whatever name brand Amazon had on sale.
So far Iv'e never had a problem, with use in phones, cameras, tablets, PC.
read the reviews on Amazon, just remember there will always be people that have had issues.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
That is just what I did. Got the SanDisk 64Gb Ultra for a great price.

Thanks

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the same card in my tablet.
First time I haven't felt like I was going to run out of storage space :)

I also went the same route so that I could take advantage of vast amounts of storage and the HD textures in Bard's Tale. That of which, the T210R runs the game quite well with the extra detail textures that eat up more than three gigs of space.

Only a drop in the bucket with the 64GB SanDisk micro SDXC.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 via tin cans and string.

crkckr

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I've never had any brand of card fail but I still tend to buy SanDisk cards whenever possible. They are nearly bullet proof and I think the onky way to get them to fail is thru physical abuse. As with any card, using correct mount/dismount procedures is important, that is, never move the card while the port is powered. You can get away with it a few times but it is always courting disaster each time you get lazy.
regards,
cc

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
The only memory card I have had fail was a cheap 4gig Kingston compact flash card that didn't like my slr camera. I normally use Sandisk and have never had the slightest glitch with them but only bought a 32gig one for my tab 3.8.0 as the instructions stated this was the biggest it would take. Still only used 25% of the capacity with 1000 tunes and 1000 pictures saved on it.

Posted via Android Central App

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Generally speaking, I swear by Sandisk. Which I have in my digital camera and mini camcorder. However, they reckon that Samsung own brand sd cards are about the best. Thats what I have in my Tab 3.

Beware of cheap chinese imitations though, buy direct from Amazon, not one of their Marketplace sellers. Or direct from some reputable retailer, as opposed to Ebay sellers. Lot of dodgy stuff out there that looks genuine, but isn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37