Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Netflix problem

So when i open netflix click on a movie to watch my play bar will go on and off when you touch the screen but like 5 secs after. It will hide then when I go to try get the bar to go up like if you wanted pause it will pop up within like a milisec will disappear. It is like something is blocking it how it goes down so fast after touching the screen. If anyone has any info on this lemme know couldnt find much on this at all cant pause screen. Thank you

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Netflix problem

Quote Originally Posted by xouttacontrolx View Post
    So when i open netflix click on a movie to watch my play bar will go on and off when you touch the screen but like 5 secs after. It will hide then when I go to try get the bar to go up like if you wanted pause it will pop up within like a milisec will disappear. It is like something is blocking it how it goes down so fast after touching the screen. If anyone has any info on this lemme know couldnt find much on this at all cant pause screen. Thank you
    I am having the same issue, not sure if it's from the latest Netflix update or from the kit kat update.
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?

Same has just happened to my tab 3 8...Was totally fine before the update a few days ago.... Makes a joke of paying for Netflix if you can't access the bars....

Exact same scenario for me.
    I resorted to resetting my tab, and finding an old apk for Netflix. It still does it.
    It can only be an incompatibility between netflix and kitkat on the model of tablet. Lame. Might have to root the tab and find a jelly bean rom, which would be a backward step.
    Come on Netflix, sort this out.

I have this same issue on a Pipo M6 Pro since about easter. I have reported it but had no response. I get this on Jellybean and Kitkat. so dont bother reflashing JB, your best bet is to find a netflix from pre-April. I ahve also found that Netflix apps since Feb have required more and more CPu cycles causing glitching on playback on full HD Android devices when plugged in a TV. Again the solution is to get a Pre-Feb Netflix APK

I tried an old apk (1.8.1) and although it was smoother and buffered much much less, the on screen controls still misbehaved for me. Apk 1.3.0 won't even run.

Having exactly the same problem. It was working fine for me until the Kitkat update. The only way to rewind etc now is to exit, then restart the app, and use the controls IMMEDIATELY (there are a couple of seconds grace).

After that, the screen display controls simply won't work.

....waiting in hope for a Netflix update. Not holding my breath though, and dread to think what advice I'll get from their support.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Just wanted to report the same thing is happening to me. It's not a deal breaker just a little annoying.

same for me. like duke, not a horrible thing, but kind of annoying, especially since some of those controls are awfully handy. just updated to kitkat this morning, and that's when it started for me.

Same problem here, right after the update. You would think Samsung would test it with some of the most popular apps, like Netflix, before releasing an update, or in this case a down-date!!

Just got a Tab 3 today and am having the exact same issue. Glad it's not just me!

My Netflix just this second updated, and guess what? It's still the same.
    Lame.

Same here. Its like the video maintains control of the focus. If I keep tapping randomly, once in a while, the control bar will stay in focus.

Just keeping the thread alive. Same issues. Netflix, flickering controls when tapped.

Its so annoying, makes the Netflix unusable IMO

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xouttacontrolx View Post
    Same issue on my sprint tab 3 7.0

Yup, same problem here, Sprint Samsung 7" tablet. Controls won't stay on.

Another Netflix update just came through. .... and the problem is still there. Shame on Netflix and Samsung.

Since that update, I'd been googling Netflix app problems with general term "Samsung". Results really made me feel like I was alone in this. Today I finally put "galaxy tab 3" and I'm so glad to know it's not only me!! I've been having the exact same issue as everyone else. It wouldn't bother me so much, but I use my tablet at work. I have to pause a LOT. As everyone else here knows, it flashes on & off the screen really fast, & I've found that if you tap it quickly enough times, it eventually catches. When someone approaches me at work, I'm sure I look like a crazy person tapping the screen like a maniac. This is just really getting old. Hopefully this issue is on someone's radar and is in the process of being corrected. I've been thinking of just buying an ipad and retiring this tablet over this problem. Netflix & Sims are literally ALL I use my tablet for. Please fix!!!!
    Thanked by:

Curiosity got the better of me. I rooted my tab and installed CyanogenMod kitkat, and Netflix is sweet again. The whole thing is more snappy to be honest.

spoke with netflix customer support...they say they're aware fo the problem and working with samsung to fix...no eta for the fix (no surprise there, but at least they're aware!)

Glad it's not just me. I'm having the same trouble on my tab 8 under the new kit kat. (I've found exactly zero advantages and numerous problems with the "upgrade" to kit kat on this machine).

Edit to add: Even this site is now extremely frustrating under kit kat. Very slow, ads jumping in front of other controls or the edit view such that one accidentally presses on an ad link when aiming for an insertion point in the text, etc.

Rooting is looking more and more attractive.

I've put cyangenmod on there and haven't looked back. Not perfect, granted, but definitely smoother and works better. Downside... no Sky Go on rooted devices. BBC iplayer is a bit sketchy, but I didn't really test that before, but they have acknowledged they have issues with KK 4.4.x

I've noticed this problem on my Tab 3.8 not just with Netflix, but with Xfinity togo & other video apps. It is frustrating not being able to pause or rewind without tapping the screen like a crazy person hoping to catch the menu.. Usually I have to resort to using the back button and restarting the video. I am starting to stink the problem lies with the tablet and the operating system since this happens in multiple video apps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast