Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Higher capacity battery for Tab 3 7.0"?

Does anyone make a battery for this with higher than 400 Mah capacity?

It's totally dead now, won't do anything but briefly flash the battery icon with the 0 when plugged into the original 2 amp Samsung charger, even after removing the back to disconnect then reconnect the battery.

It was fully discharging overnight with it turned off before dying completely.

Default Re: Higher capacity battery for Tab 3 7.0"?

Quote Originally Posted by Galane View Post
    Does anyone make a battery for this with higher than 400 Mah capacity?

It's totally dead now, won't do anything but briefly flash the battery icon with the 0 when plugged into the original 2 amp Samsung charger, even after removing the back to disconnect then reconnect the battery.

It was fully discharging overnight with it turned off before dying completely.
    Just get a new 4000mAh battery, you had a complete lemon. Or try to get warranty service first. I get 6-10 hours of screen time per charge, very good battery and have gone FIVE DAYS FIVE SCREEN HOURS with over 10% left when I was testing it out.

The battery part was like $25-35 for OEM when I priced parts a few months ago.

For reference my phone is even crazier, longest run was 17 hours screen time reading ebooks.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's a secondhand tablet. Previous owner lost the 2 amp charger. Must have let it sit around dead for a while.

It's a secondhand tablet. Previous owner lost the 2 amp charger. Must have let it sit around dead for a while.
    Yes that can permanently kill a battery. At least they are not super expensive.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

New battery still has a pretty fast discharge rate. I gave it a full charge then unplugged it. A day and half later it was down to 20%. With the genuine Samsung 2 amp charger it still takes quite a while to charge it unless it's turned off.

New battery still has a pretty fast discharge rate. I gave it a full charge then unplugged it. A day and half later it was down to 20%. With the genuine Samsung 2 amp charger it still takes quite a while to charge it unless it's turned off.
    Have you done a factory reset or did it still have their data on it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I did a reset with the old battery, after getting it to what it claimed to be 100% charge. Can I reset just the battery calibration?

I did a reset with the old battery, after getting it to what it claimed to be 100% charge. Can I reset just the battery calibration?
    Well if you factory reset I am surprised your battery drain is so high. What in your battery status is using the most power? I do not suggest trying a forced battery calibration without knowing where all the power has been going.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Seems to be doing better after letting it run down to the low battery alert then turning it off and charging back up. Takes hours to charge even with a samsung 2 amp charger.

If I'm using it with the charger plugged in, it'll slowly lose power. Isn't the charger supposed to be able to keep ahead of power use?

Seems to be doing better after letting it run down to the low battery alert then turning it off and charging back up. Takes hours to charge even with a samsung 2 amp charger.

If I'm using it with the charger plugged in, it'll slowly lose power. Isn't the charger supposed to be able to keep ahead of power use?
    On a Tab 3 7.0, yes it should be able to stay ahead.