Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stockpimpin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tab 3 10 Connection issue

I have a Tab 3 10 that was connecting to the internet fine upuntill 3 weeks ago. It connects to my wireless network at home obtains an IP address but will not connect to the net. I have tried the time date reset, i have tried MULTIPLE different configurations of my router, I have reset my modem and my router and I did a factory reset of the tab. I have also tried a WPS connection incase that helped.... nothing. I have wasted HOURS on this issue. I have about 6 other CPU's in my home network using Linux and windows as well as 3 using android. 2 out of 3 android units are down but the 3rd and all other systems are up and running fine both wirelessly and wired. Aside from taking a hammer to this thing... anyone have any other ideas? I have taken it back to the shop i bought it at a few days back and of course it worked there and there extreemly helpful tech said "I have no idea....". CHeers.

Default Re: Tab 3 10 Connection issue

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide, and see if there are any other tips there that you haven't tried: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank-you for the guide; read through it and none of it helped the situation. I tried the tab at starbucks today and it worked fine and i tried it at my parents house and again no problems. NO idea what's going on here. I purchased the tab on the 8th and it worked fine for two weeks then nothing. I changed nothing on the network and I can't find anything on the tab itself that would prevent it from working on one network. Again... all other systems work on my network, just the two android devices (out of the three) that don't work. Going nuts here.

Grasping at straws here. Maybe try manually selecting a different DNS server? The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

k.... did some searching around and found OpenDNS (208.-.-.- etc) and changed that setting in my router and it worked! No idea why but not going to question it at this point. Thank-you for the assistance.... greatly appreciated!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Ok, my tab 3 10.1 kept dropping wifi so i got the wifi analyzer app and it showed I was using the same channel as someone else, my bell curve was straddling their bell curve! also my router gives me a choice of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz so all i had to do was turn off the one I wasn't using,(enable wifi blocking) and use the one that was in the least busy area (2.4 GHz) and had the better signal strength as compared to the other routers. the more power they have the easier it is for them to block you're single and causing loss of signal and internet! note: (I live in a apartment complex).