Is This "Normal Battery Behavior?"

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've had my tab 3 about 2 weeks now and the battery life is great!! So I've seen complaints about the tab 3 "dying" if you let it run down and power off, well I think its just a matter of the color you get because I got the golden brown, and let it completely drain and power down the first day I got it. I pressed the power button till the screen wouldn't come on anymore then plugged it in and it charged for 4 hours and then I powered it on and went about my day, it lasted all day with regular use. But for some reason when I play a graphic intensive game and quit it and clear all of my recent apps and leave the tab alone about 30 minutes I have these battery spikes like I was charging it which as of today I haven't charged it at all not even last night. Show I think its just related to the golden brown edition because I don't have the "Death Problem" like everyone else. I've let it discharge 3 time completely. So hear are the pics of the battery stats!! Also what color of the galaxy tab 3 7.0 wifi do you have?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-19-20-32-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-19-20-32-44.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2014-07-19-20-32-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-19-20-32-36.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 11

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is not uncommon early on before you have developed a larger battery history. As you phone gets more logged battery usage the drops in battery life during high usage(like gaming) will be more gradual and not so steep. Plus the small increase after shutdown will go away.

It may not be true anymore but fully powering down during charging will stop the logging of battery status so keep it ON but asleep during charging till you have charged a few times.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Having worked in an electronics factory I can say with 99% certainty that the same boards and batteries will go into all different color options of the same product. To seperate slightly lower standard parts for unpopular colors would take a lot of manpower and reduce the profit margins. The only problem I had with my tab 3.8.0 is that sometimes the battery level will drop, or increase, by a large amount though this has not happened for the last month or so and it has never caused me to have to recharge before I finished what I was doing.

Posted via Android Central App