Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to turn of vibrate

I have a new Samsung Tab 3, running Android 4.1.2

I can't figure out how to stop it vibrating. It vibrates whenever I press the Home button, and when I press and hold the Power On button, and at certain other times as well.

I have tried going to Settings / Sound. I can see a setting for "Device vibration", but that only lets me choose a "pattern". I can't see how to turn vibration off completely. I have also cleared the checkbox labelled "Vibrate when ringing" (but that's not really relevant, because this is not a phone and so will never ring).

Also, if I hold down the Power switch to bring up the Device Settings menu, I can see icons for Mute, Vibrate and Sound. Vibrate has a green line under it; the others have a grey line. But pressing those icons doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'd be grateful for any advice. I know it's not a particularly serious problem, but I do find the vibrating irritating, especially as it doesn't serve any useful purpose.

Mike

Default Re: How to turn of vibrate

Try settings > sounds > vibrate on touch

Moto G from ACF
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Javier P View Post
    Try settings > sounds > vibrate on touch
    Thanks for your fast reply.

But I don't have "Vibrate on touch" on my Settings / Sounds screen.

The only options I see are:

Volume
    Device ringtone
    Device vibration (which lets me choose a pattern, but not turn vibrations off)
    Default notifications
    Vibrate when ringing (which is unchecked)
    Dialling keypad tone
    Touch sounds
    Screen lock sounds

Am I looking in the right place?

Mike

Just missing and option

Moto G from ACF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to turn of vibrate-1407340412989.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No, I definitely haven't got that Vibrate on Touch option. It's not as if I forgot to scroll down to see it. It's just not there.

I wonder if I need a software update. I have Android 4.1.2. And the device is a Tab 3 (at least, that's what it says on the box).

Mike

Have you tried in the language /keyboard settings? If it is not there I can't think of anything else.

Moto G from ACF

Take a look at this:

http://newbietechtips.blogspot.com.b...ck-on.html?m=1

Moto G from ACF
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Javier,

The Vibrate on Touch option is definitely not there: not under Sounds and not under Keyboard Settings.

However, the link you gave me did the trick. I installed All-In-One Toolbox, which includes a Haptic Feedback switch. Once I switched that off, the vibrations went away.

I must say it's strange that Samsung should turn on vibration by default, and not provide a bult-in way of turning it off. I can't be the only person who doesn't like it.

Anyway, many thanks for your help with this. Now that I've discovered this forum, I'll be sure to visit often.

Mike

Very strange thing. Samsung put different settings in different kernels for the same JB version!
    I hate that haptic feedback as well and is one of the first things I change in a phone. Glad you fixed it.

Moto G from ACF

I dont even thing that the tab 3 has a vibrate motor in it! They dont have haptic feedback.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    I dont even thing that the tab 3 has a vibrate motor in it! They dont have haptic feedback.
    I don't know if it has a motor, but I can assure you that it definitely vibrates.

Mike

Do you have the lte version or something? Maybe that one has haptic feedback?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Do you have the lte version or something? Maybe that one has haptic feedback?
    Sorry, don't know. It just says Galaxy Tab 3 on the box. There's nothing on the device itself, or in the Settings / About screen, that gives any more details of the model.

Mike

Yeah go into settings-about device. It has the model# there I think.