Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help

When I use my tablet my screen will random lock and turn black. The home button and back button won't work. Also, the time on top won't show. When the time does show again, then my tablet will work again. How can I fix this so it will work again.

Default Re: Help

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried that and worked for a little. Is there anything else i can try.

It could also be due to some app you installed that is making the system unstable. Try booting into Safe Mode (see the bottom of that article that I linked in the previous post), which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then something you installed is the culprit. The tricky part is figuring out which one--you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then something might be wrong with the firmware (like a glitch in a system update).