Launching an app "Just once" or "Always"

EdiMike

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
On my old Nexus tablet, if I chose an action that caused a new app to open, the system would ask me to choose which app I wanted, and would then ask whether I wanted that choice to apply "Just once" or "Always". For example, if I clicked a link to an external web page from the Wikipedia app, it would prompt to view the page in either Chrome or the built-in web browser. If I selected "Always" at that point, then the chosen browser would become the default app for viewing web pages.

But that doesn't seem to happen on my new Galaxy Tab 3. In this case, I still see the same choice of apps. But the "Just once" and "Always" options are missing.

So my question is this: Is there any other way of specifying a default app for any given task? Or is there a good reason that I am not seeing the "Just once" and "Always" buttons?

My Android version is 4.1.2.

Thanks in advance,,
Mike

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It's an issue on my Tab 3.0 as well as my Galaxy S5. Samsung recognizes the issue and is working on it. I had the same issue on my S4 over a year ago. Take a look at an app Better Open in the playstore ... I use it and it works well to solve the problem while Samsung works the issue. Enjoy.!!

EdiMike

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that. I'm glad to hear that Samsung recognises the problem. I'll look forward to them fixing it. Meantime, I'll take a look at Better Open.

Thanks again.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995