How do I stop the Facebook app from crashing on my Galaxy Tab 3?

Pizzamn

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Playstore only offers the latest version of FB. Will not give me 3.5. Also, no options found to turn off updates. Anyway around this??????
To turn off auto updates in playstore , load app , go to the top and off to the left or were you see three thin lines , click on those lines then go to settings , believe it's the second one down from the top , uncheck auto update . Now if you google download older Facebook app (3.5) you should be able to find a bunch of Facebook version's . Cant post the name of the site here but it starts with three letters . Hope that was ok and that it helps . Post back your findings and results . Good Luck

marianne0101

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
To turn off auto updates in playstore , load app , go to the top and off to the left or were you see three thin lines , click on those lines then go to settings , believe it's the second one down from the top , uncheck auto update . Now if you google download older Facebook app (3.5) you should be able to find a bunch of Facebook version's . Cant post the name of the site here but it starts with three letters . Hope that was ok and that it helps . Post back your findings and results . Good Luck

It worked!!!! Thanks! !!

iamjustin123

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just installed 3.7 and it works well. I wonder what the newest working revision that actually works is.

edit: Found a site with every revision. Version 13.0.0.13.14 seems to be the newest version that will run stable for me. Try it out for yourselves.

Last edited:

Pizzamn

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It worked!!!! Thanks! !!
Glad to hear some people are back running Facebook and smilling : ) The 3.5 version I had read that this version was before the messenger app nag to update and install . Although with the woman using samsung galaxy 3 tablet and the 3.5 version of facebook installed , she's doing about 90* to the better but has some acasional freezing . Would like other people to get on the bandwagon and share your results . Please include what device your using . Peace

AussieCrash

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Just installed 3.7 and it works well. I wonder what the newest working revision that actually works is.

edit: Found a site with every revision. Version 13.0.0.13.14 seems to be the newest version that will run stable for me. Try it out for yourselves.

I had success using this version for my wife's tab 3 10.1, seems to be working fine now

marianne0101

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear some people are back running Facebook and smilling : ) The 3.5 version I had read that this version was before the messenger app nag to update and install . Although with the woman using samsung galaxy 3 tablet and the 3.5 version of facebook installed , she's doing about 90* to the better but has some acasional freezing . Would like other people to get on the bandwagon and share your results . Please include what device your using . Peace

iamjustin123

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Version 13.xxx is before the messenger update (July 2014) and is basically the same as the current release. Version 3.5 is over a year old. No need to back that far.

JohnnyG44

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm using 13.0.0.13.14 now and it did crash once, but so far it seems okay its better than the 3.5 version, but if it crashes again I might go back one version to see if that works better

Lacricket

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody know if this issue is being looked at or worked on? It has now gotten to the point where I bein forced to either go back to the laptop/pc, not bother with FB or god help me get an ipad.
I called Samsung customer support.. They say a new update is coming in 2-3 weeks to fix this goof up.. I can't use my tablet at all! None of the apps but settings will stay open! They all crash. Very frustrating!

Steve Forssell

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
happens to me to and also on my wifes. It started after my tab 3 received a update. I also am looking for a answer and I did everything that you have done and problem continues ???????

Vanessa Russell

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem even joined the FB Andriod Beta tester group uninstalled then reinstalled the versions they have posted to test but still doesnt work... frustrating

ccwink81

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Happens to me everytime i open facebook on my samsung tab. within 5 seconds it closes they need to fix it!! soo irritating.
My Samsung Galaxy tab 3 keeps crashing when I use the facebook app. I tried uninstalling and reinstall the facebook app. I have cleared cache I did everything but bring it back to factory settings, which I don't want to do everything else works fine. This seemed to happen after a major android update maybe? Anybody else experiencing this problem?

TreadSoftly

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you! After probably a month or more of Facebook crashing, with it seemingly getting worse with each (daily, it seems) update, yesterday it became almost completely unusable. It was really odd that it was only on my Tab 3. I also have a Note, which was fine. I uninstalled the up most recent version and downloaded and installed 13.0.0.13.14 as advised above. I now have a functioning version. I think I love you :-D

Pizzamn

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It's nice to see that this problem has open some people's eyes. If your having problems downloading third party apps . Go to settings , security , and check unknown sources in your samsung galaxy android device . Others that still having Facebook crash issue' s , post your device and what version of Facebook app your running . The 3.5 & 3.7 earlier apps are keeping people smiling . Note: after downloading third party apps , dont forget to go back to your settings and uncheck unknown sources . Peace

Huddy13

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
:-\ I had my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 in for service twice last week and finally on Friday when I picked it up and proved that Facebook was still doing the crash thing they told me about the reverting to version 3.5 which they had been made aware of that day but were not allowed to do it for me. I spent a whole day restoring my other apps and data after a factory reset as a previous indication was that "maybe" my backup restoration was corrupt - hindsight NOT. This morning I found the version 3.5 at "androiddrawer . com" and have installed it and made sure that Playstore is no longer able to auto update. Much happier with my Tab 3 now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair