Lock/Unlock sound after Kit Kat update.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I went and updated the galaxy tab 3 to Kit Kat from the previous update. I let it update uninterrupted until it was finished, the update was finished with success and all is well; apps work, wifi works ect. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why the lock and unlock screen sound does not play a sound? The lock and unlock sound was good before the update to Kit Kat; although it is not a big deal just wondering if others have this problem?

8e7a7egu.jpg

azynepav.jpg

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Followed the direction on the link provided, but I may need to disable encryption temporary as I cannot boot to recovery with the device with encryption enabled. So i will do this and see what happens next, if not then it is not a big problem I can move on without the sound. I appreciate B. Diddy for providing the link related to this post once again thank you.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Just a small update and I do realize it is late to respond, turns out I was holding the wrong buttons to boot into recovery mode; i followed the directions to recovery boot from a galaxy note 3 by holding power, up, and the home button until the galaxy tab screen appears then release the home button while still holding up and the home button. Cleared the cache partition, as instructed then tried again; the result was still the same, no lock screen sound. I am pretty certain it can all be resolved with a full wipe to factory settings, but for such a small problem it does not outweigh the attempt to wipe the galaxy tab.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Last update to this post, I have preformed a full factory reset unrelated to the lock/unlock sound function not present when unlocking the galaxy tab 3 using a passcode. The lock/unlock sound is present when using swipe to unlock and pattern, but there is none when using a passcode or a password; I immediately believe it is suppose to do this, so this is not a fault or a problem. So with this, thank you kindly for those who have helped me as this was not a problem to begin with, I appreciate the support that all of you have to offer. I learn something new everyday :)