Tab 3 screen not doing anything!

SeriousSeth13

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently received a Tab 3 7 inch tablet off my brother in law (it was his for a year or so) and everything was going great with restoring it to factory settings until it came to trying to link it upto my gmail account. Halfway through it randomly restarted and since then nothing is coming up on the screen.
I know it is on because of the back lit screen and know that it's all there in its brain because it makes all the swooshy (official term) noises when you swipe to unlock.

Anyone who could possibly help will be a hero

Thanks in advance

SeriousSeth13

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
That's my main problem, I can't see anything that I'm doing on it as nothing is showing anything on the screen. Last night I think I managed to boot into download mode and stick TWRP on it using doing thinking that that might solve it (it didnt).

Whatever I do I have to do blindly through remembering what appears where on the screen.

I initially didn't think the screen was broken because I could see the back light working when the screen was black, but the more I faff about with it the more I think something must be dead hardware wise.

Although I do hope you tell me I'm wrong :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Tab 3 is MHL compatible, so you could consider getting an MHL adapter to hook the device up to your HDTV, where you could see what you're doing.

I suppose it's also possible that a connector came loose. Any recent drops or trauma?

SeriousSeth13

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The bottom left of the tab does have a bit of a mark on it where it looks like it might have been dropped. Would this be relatively obvious thing to fix if I cracked (not literally) it open? I've already been in once to disconnect the battery.

SeriousSeth13

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I have popped it open and all the connectors were well attached. I even unplugged them and reinserted them and it's still the same. The black screen "lights" up but no more.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, you're right--it looks like the 7" version doesn't support MHL. I wish Samsung would be more consistent about these kinds of things. :(

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

SeriousSeth13

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Quick update, I haven't touched the tab since my last comment and I plugged it in today to charge, left it for a minute and it turned on for about 15 seconds then went blank again. Grrr!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlsellers1959