Can I get some help with my Galaxy Tab 3 Lite?

Megatron Wolf

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Need help with galaxy tab 3 lite

Whenever i have earbuds connected and the tablet goes into sleepmode music with birds chirping starts playing out of the speaker and through the earbuds. Only way to stop it is to close any app i might have running and open the notifications screen. It also happens randomly when playing games. I have no music installed so im guessing its built in. What is causing this and how do i stop it, its really starting to annoy me.

UPDATE: Tried various types of headphones and same thing happens if they are basic or have controls/mics. Also just encountered the problem while playing a game without anything connected

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need help with galaxy tab 3 lite

Welcome to Android Central! So this doesn't happen if you don't have any headphones connected? Are the earbuds pretty basic, or do they have a bunch of special functions, like pause/play and volume control?

Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-16226

Megatron Wolf

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

Didnt work, doesnt matter what i do it Still happens. Nothing like being in the middle of a game then all of a suden piano music with birds chirping starts playing, getting really sick of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

But does it only happen when headphones are connected?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When you say sleep mode, does the screen turn off? Is it possible that the device's smartcover sensor is being triggered by a magnet coming near the device?

Megatron Wolf

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

Yes the screen turns black, i personally call it standby mode but most call it sleep mode so i went with that term. But theres no magnets or anything near the device, like i said it happened when there was nothing connected to it or even near it. All the wireless modes were off as well, no wifi or bluetooth.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does it have a case with a flipcover? If so, does it black out when you bend the cover back behind the tablet?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I'm stumped. The only other thing I can suggest is boot into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem--but it can be challenging to narrow it down. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9945

Megatron Wolf

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunatly that didnt help, oh well guess ill just have to live with it. But ive got another question, is there a way to set the tablet to automatically download stuff to the sd card? Ive filled up the 8gb internal memory and need to start using the sd cards memory. Tried to move stuff over via the app managment but it doesnt move the entire app just a few mb.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Moving an app to the SD card (if allowed by the device and by the app itself) typically means just moving a small portion anyway. You can't move the entire app to the SD card--at least, not in an unrooted device. There might be some options if you root, but I'm not very familiar with them.

It's also up to the device if there's an option to select a default download location. Some devices do allow this, but most don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress