Why does my wifi turn off after only being connected for a few seconds (Samsung Tab 3)?

cathd1990

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Tab 3 - Wi-fi turning off

When I turn my Tab 3 on it automatically connects to my wi-fi for a few seconds and then goes off, when i look my wi-fi on the tab is turned off.

How can i get my tab 3 wifi to stay automatically connected when i turn it on?

I leave the wifi on when i turn the tab off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Tab 3 - Wi-fi turning off

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see if there are any settings for "Wi-fi Optimization" or "Avoid weak connections." Turn these off.

hmacd7

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I am really sorry to tell you this, but the Samsung tablets are erratic performers, at best, and the underlying Android operating system is kludgy, which leads to these problems I've experienced since getting a Galaxy Tab E for Christmas (it stayed in the box unopened until last week):
1) Connecting to Wifi. The tablet recognizes Wifi and says it's connected, but then fails to identify password-protected sites and DOESN'T pop up the password sign-in prompt. Majorly annoying. Never had my iPad do this.
2) Coupled with Wifi errors, the Sync function takes FOREVER and sometimes reboots the tablet when it hangs up. Really? Never have this problem with my iPad.
3) This morning's latest trick is the best however. I was attempting to connect to Wifi (again). When I touched the Settings button, it clicked and then...nothing. No response. Touched other buttons. Same thing. Cheerful, unresponsive homescreen. So, I Googled "hard reset Galaxy Tab E," and lo! and behold, the instructions popped up about how to power off the device first by holding down the power button "for a while." For the record, I timed holding down the power button for 130 seconds and guess what? Same cheerful, unresponsive screen blinking back at me. Really? Before I threw the thing out the window, I checked out the online "Manual" (for about the 40th time) and the one included with the tablet (for the 10th time). Confusing, poorly written instructions that don't solve any problems.
Here's my solution to the Samsung Galaxy Tab E mess. I am going back to Best Buy and returning it. And telling everyone at work NOT to buy a Samsung tablet. Pay more and get an iPad.
And please don't get me started on GooglePlay.

Dr Bubbledin

Oct 15, 2019
Visit site
Re: Samsung Tab 3 - Wi-fi turning off

When I turn my Tab 3 on it automatically connects to my wi-fi for a few seconds and then goes off, when i look my wi-fi on the tab is turned off.

How can i get my tab 3 wifi to stay automatically connected when i turn it on?

I leave the wifi on when i turn the tab off.

Hey mate.. I've Found a very easy solution. It works every time. Not sure why this is the case, But it seems to only work on the Tab 3 which my daughter has.

You simply turn on 'Flight Mode' for at least 2 mins. Then switch it back on. The hard reset acknowledges the connection again.

Let me know how it goes.
:cool: