Friend messed with tab 3 can it be fixed

Versaceforever

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
So I was orginally having a charging problem, it wouldn't read any charger, which is still unsolved, I looked online and found a few things, I tried the disconnecting the battery method, I did that and it still didn't work, I opened it up again and my friend asked to have a look, he tried taking out the ribbon by flicking the locks up with you cant do and it snapped a little piece off, and now the screen colour is very distorted I don't know how to add photos to the thread, what I really want to know is if it can be fixed, what the little bracket bit is called, or if its even worth fixing, sorry as I am new I'm at a complete loss with my tablet and I was gonna just pack it away but I'll ask some tech pros if they know anything about it, its the top of the ribbon where it connects onto the top of that not sure what ky

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It can be fixed by a really good (read really expensive) technician. And there aren't too many people who know how to do it (not that many people do) who are willing to. It's too much work for too little money. It's cheaper for you and for the tech to replace the motherboard.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Is there anywhere I can buy one, I live in new Zealand I don't think one from America for example would work because of the power voltage difference
What is the voltage difference ? I can see the US adapter input is 100-240V-50-60Hz-0.35A, ouput is 5V,2A.
If your country uses 240V, there is no problem of charging .
I don't think there is different in tablets sold in New Zealand and US, mainboard can find easily on Ebay around $50, depending on model.
Tab 3 has different models and screen sizes, I have no clue which one you have but guessing it's 5210
Is this connector you broke the black locking tab ?
LCD.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12