25 minute battery life...easy battery replacement or issue with tablet?

Sam909

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
So my Mom's tablet has always had a bad battery compared to my fathers's (identical tablet) so we've assumed it's been a battery issue. She's tried different ways of charging it, different cords/plugs/etc and nothing has helped. It would usually stay charged for about an hour after being fully charged with her using it to browse the Internet and that's it.

It's gotten worse recently, so she basically handed it over to me to see if I could do something (as the only person in our family that is a big fan of technology). Looking at her tablet she doesn't have any background apps that could be causing a huge battery drain, and I'm not exaggerating, Her battery history shows a huge jump from fully charged to practically nothing with a life of 25m 44s. (I can't post pictures since I don't have enough posts).

Now Google has suggested to me that a battery replacement on her tablet shouldn't be too difficult to do (better than if I had to replace the battery on my iPad, certainly). However before I commit to anything, does anyone here have possible suggestions/assistance they can offer to help her tablet?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Tab 3 has different models and sizes , I have no idea which one is yours .
Quick discharge could be bad battery but also comes from cracked battery connector. If it's the latter, replace a new battery you'll see the same problem.

Sam909

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Thought included it but evidently didn't, the model is the 16GB 8 inch tab 3. How would I be able to find of it had a cracked connector?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thought included it but evidently didn't, the model is the 16GB 8 inch tab 3. How would I be able to find of it had a cracked connector?
Tab 3 8 inches could be SM-T310, this black battery connector 's solder joints, if cracked , are the source of short battery life or quick discharge if changing new battery still have the same problem. Re solder will fix this issue .
This rework only takes under 5 minutes, any repair or electronic shop can help you with little charge.
New battery is only under $15 on Ebay, you can try it first. Be aware that cracked battery connector is very common in Samsung tablets, but most average users don't recognize this issue and blame the software or battery for this problem.

3100 Battery Connector.jpg

Last edited:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Look on youtube and find instructions for opening the tab and changing the battery. It is not a chore for everyone and I found it much harder than the video! But I have a new battery on the way for my new tab! Be very careful and work slow!

There are also videos for the loose connector, and how to determine if you need to replace yours! Don't put the back back on until you are sure you have it repaired!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol