How can I fix a charging problem I am having with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3?

A

AC Question

my samsung galaxy 3tab has charging prob

have bought universal charger want work unless I giggle it or hold it in one spot if I get it positioned just so it charges but loses connection too easily is there a fix or does it need to go to shop

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: my samsung galaxy 3tab has charging prob

It will have to be a charger capable of 2.1 Amps, but not all chargers will work with the Samsung and not all cables will work with all chargers! It may take a little trial and error to get the right combination! OEM Samsung chargers are available on Ebay and Amazon for less than $10 and seem to always work best for me! Look for the lightening bolt in the battery icon when charging!

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: my samsung galaxy 3tab has charging prob

have bought universal charger want work unless I giggle it or hold it in one spot if I get it positioned just so it charges but loses connection too easily is there a fix or does it need to go to shop
When you have to wiggle in order to charge, either you have bad USB cable or USB charging port. Try known working USB cable first.
Tab 3 has different models and sizes, I have no idea which one you have.
Tab 3 7.0 , the micro USB port in on mainboard, you need solder skill or asking a repair shop to replace it.
Tab 3 8.0 or larger, USB port is on flex cable, this one is easy to replace and cost under $10.

Use this tool to help you to see which one is the problem: charger, USB cable, or USB port. Current should be at least 1.5 Amperes if everything is working. No guessing as you see your tablet is charging or not when swapping part one by one until the problem solved: charger, USB cable, USB charging port .
The charger must have an output of 5V, 2 Amps , read the small print on the side of your charger.

usb voltage current meter | eBay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech