How can I get my Tab 3 calendar to sync automatically?

A

AC Question

Can't get Tab 3 calendar to sync automatically

I can't get the calendar (S Planner) on my Tab 3 to sync automatically/periodically. I add an event to my calendar which is linked to my gmail account, but the event never shows up on my phone calendar unless I manually sync my Tab calendar (Menu/Sync). There doesn't seem to be (or I can't find) a way to have the calendar sync automatically.

If I go to Settings/Accounts and click on Google, it shows my gmail account and says "Sync turned off." Selecting that account shows me when each element (Calendar, Contacts, etc.) was last synced, and gives me an option to "sync now" for each one, but nowhere can I find an on/off switch to control synching of either my Google account or its individual elements.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't get Tab 3 calendar to sync automatically

I can't get the calendar (S Planner) on my Tab 3 to sync automatically/periodically. I add an event to my calendar which is linked to my gmail account, but the event never shows up on my phone calendar unless I manually sync my Tab calendar (Menu/Sync). There doesn't seem to be (or I can't find) a way to have the calendar sync automatically.

If I go to Settings/Accounts and click on Google, it shows my gmail account and says "Sync turned off." Selecting that account shows me when each element (Calendar, Contacts, etc.) was last synced, and gives me an option to "sync now" for each one, but nowhere can I find an on/off switch to control synching of either my Google account or its individual elements.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your Samsung account and check the sync settings in there. They are two different accounts that are syncing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze