Rooted with custom recovery only boots to recovery, any help?

A

AC Question

Rooted with custom recovery only boots to recovery

i have a galaxy tab 3 lite running TWRP custom recovery and KETAN custom rom. when this started i was running clockwork and stock rom. no matter what i do, my tablet only boots into recovery mode or download mode. it doesn't need the normal key combination to boot to recovery. once in recovery even if i tell it to boot to system it still just reboots and goes back into recovery. can anyone help?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rooted with custom recovery only boots to recovery

Sounds like the main system partition can't boot (i.e. a bad flash, etc). You might want to wipe system+data+cache and flash the ROM again.

Sarenord

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Rooted with custom recovery only boots to recovery

OP here
i just tried everything relating to wipe or formatting then reflashing and still no luck. any other ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the stock ROM flashing, or are you getting an error. (If you get a Nandroid write error at the end, it's usually a hardware problem and needs a replacement motherboard.)

(BTW, if you have no ROM, stock or otherwise, you're not "rooted". Root applies to the ROM, not the phone itself. A phone without an OS can't be rooted OR unrooted - like a car without tires doesn't have them inflated or uninflated.)

Last edited:

Andrew Sheldrick

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
it flashes fine, Ketan says it worked with no error of any kind. I know how root works, i meant that whenever i reflash a rom i flash in root files with it

EDIT: just noticed you said stock recovery. i haven't tried reflashing the stock recovery because i'm still finding one that doesn't have a bunch of misnamed files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2