Where's the control button?

kiwiboy69

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
where's the control button?

Hi I need to use control v to paste something as the site I'm on won't accept any other way. How do you do that? I don't have the control button on my qwerty keyboard?
Cheers John

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: where's the control button?

There is none.

Try long-pressing and then let go within the field that you want to paste; you should see a small popup that says "Paste".

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Hey! It seems to work quite well!

You have to set it to "Full 5-row layout" to make the Ctrl, Alt, Fn, etc., keys visible.

kiwiboy69

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for that, although I'm a bit worried about the disclaimer saying it collects all your keystrokes and credit card info. I might look for something else. Thanks anyway.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for that, although I'm a bit worried about the disclaimer saying it collects all your keystrokes and credit card info. I might look for something else. Thanks anyway.

That's a default Android warning you get with any keyboard, even the biggies like SwiftKey. Since the keyboard doesn't request any permissions, I'm not certain it could actually do anything nefarious.

Anyway, you can always use your preferred keyboard for 99% of your work and switch to this one only for those few keystrokes necessary.

Can anyone else address the general concern about keyboards stealing data?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood