Error: unfortunately, phone has stopped and tablet crashes!

Claire Smith

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm having problems with my tablet. I keep getting the messages 'contextprovider had stopped suddenly' and 'unfortunately, phone has stopped' so it is unuseable. It just crashes over and over again.

I was finally able to do a factory reset but it has made no difference. Is there anything else I can try?

I need help - or is it just broken?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with my tablet. I keep getting the messages 'contextprovider had stopped suddenly' and 'unfortunately, phone has stopped' so it is unuseable. It just crashes over and over again.

I was finally able to do a factory reset but it has made no difference. Is there anything else I can try?

I need help - or is it just broken?
Is your tablet rooted or not?
Is it WiFi model?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Download and install Samsung Kies on your pc. Run the program and select emergency firmware recovery and follow the instructions. You will need the USB cable that came with the device

Claire Smith

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I seem to have made it worse and now get the error: "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again"

After a lot of internet research is seems the only solution is to get my hands on a USB jig and get it into download mode again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34