Bug List

volwrath

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have found several bugs that arent show stoppers but are annoying.

The first is apparently there is a wifi sleep bug. If I leave wifi on and let it sleep for 8-10 hours, the battery life a) drops about 25% and b) the wifi gets locked up and can't be turned on or off. A reboot fixes it. Also if you turn off wifi, it also fixes it.

When using the kindle app if I tap on a page, it flips two pages, if I slide the page, it only goes forward one page correctly. Also this kindle app has wide margins, blech. I installed an old version I found at a Ace Iconia A100 thread and it worked fine. Then I rebooted, and the new app is back.

I think rooting and deleting will fix that issue.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple as well.

Browser... Automatically dims. Usually in the options there is an option to change the screen brightness in the browser, but I cannot find it. Installing Opera is a workaround, however, a bug none-the-less. Am I missing something?

I have had it shut down once on its own... Anyone else?

Thanks.

hexbyte

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, i too wish you could control the browser dim. So fari haven't found a way to do it. I haven't had the problem with wifi acting up as I have seen reported in another forum. Still having fun with this thing. Oh by the way, I search the Web for a case with no luck, not even on Samsungs site. Well today I was in Best buy checking out the cases with no luck there either but I saw they had a "rocket fish mobile"HTC Flyer leather folio case that they were selling for $14.00 and it fits like a glove. So far nothing real negative to say about this new toy. Will keep playing and learning.

tobyg

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I played with one that had the brightness issue in the browser, but the one I bought doesn't have the brightness issue. Not sure what the problem is there.

But both of the ones I played with have some sort of wake up from sleep issue. Sometimes the tablet just won't wake up. I hit the power button, and nothing. I have to hold the power button down and then it powers up or maybe it reboots. Can't tell which it's doing exactly. I did find that under normal circumstances just holding down the power button for 7 seconds reboots it. But this seemed to take a lot longer to get it started again.

Anyone else run into this wake up issue?

clubtech

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I played with one that had the brightness issue in the browser, but the one I bought doesn't have the brightness issue. Not sure what the problem is there.

But both of the ones I played with have some sort of wake up from sleep issue. Sometimes the tablet just won't wake up. I hit the power button, and nothing. I have to hold the power button down and then it powers up or maybe it reboots. Can't tell which it's doing exactly. I did find that under normal circumstances just holding down the power button for 7 seconds reboots it. But this seemed to take a lot longer to get it started again.

yes, i have and i am on my second one. Both had this issue. Thinking about returning it to be honest.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

I also had this problem. I returned mine and went back to the original galaxy tab 7.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

00r101

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I too find the Kindle app has two pager from a tap. I use a slide rather than a tap and that reliably turns 1 page.

More vexing was constant force closes from the email app. This happened after I installed a bunch of 3rd party apps. Not sure which one was causing the problem but I ended up uninstalling every app and update and cold booting. Email's worked perfectly since then.

I also had 1 force close of the calendar app when opening it from the calendar widget. I have not been able to replicate it.

Finally the Peel remote does not recognize my Denon stereo or my RCA TV. Contacting Peel support resulted in nice immediate response. They could not fix either issue right away but said that the entire development team is working on a new release of the software specifically for our Tab.

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Just had this happen to me. I have had my tab for 3 days. I was browsing then I put it down for a few minutes. I heard it notify that a email has arrived. When I went to turn it on it would not. I am very disappointed. If it has happens again I will return it to Amazon. Unless Samsung puts out a bug alert so that I know it is software not hardware.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

tobyg

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Just had this happen to me. I have had my tab for 3 days. I was browsing then I put it down for a few minutes. I heard it notify that a email has arrived. When I went to turn it on it would not. I am very disappointed. If it has happens again I will return it to Amazon. Unless Samsung puts out a bug alert so that I know it is software not hardware.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

I've had mine now running on battery for 3 days. Very happy with the battery life so far. I used it pretty sparingly but when I had the Iconia A100 it would drain a battery in a day without touching it.

Anyway, I did not have the problem once in these past 3 days.
My guess is it's just a software problem. If it turns out to be hardware, well, I guess that's what the warranty will be for.

I like this tab a lot. Too much to return it or worry about this or the many other little bugs I've run into. Tab's I've owned:

HTC Flyer - Decent tab, build quality wasn't as good as even this Tab IMO. The metal bezel would make noise when would pick it up, as it hit the plastic back. That annoyed me. Made it feel cheap. It was not a bad tab, but stuck on Gingerbread for now.

Asus Transformer - Build quality is poor IMO. Plastic didn't really seat well with the metal bezel, so it creaked like crazy. All over. Also had a problem with the display where it formed a spot, like a pressure spot, but I have no idea how it got there. The serial number on that tab was on a plastic label at the bottom, and it was starting to wear. Mating with the keyboard dock was cumbersome. Good with updates, they offer them often (I don't expect Samsung to be nearly as good). Otherwise a decent tab, just not built well IMO.

Speaking of which, here are some bugs I've run into:

Email client - when pointing at my yahoo account, it doesn't load all of the mail in the account. Ends up getting a connection error. I deleted the account on the tab and re-added and it worked. This happened the exact same way on both 7.0 Plus's I had, so it was not a fluke.

Touchwiz force closes sometimes when waking up. This started happening ever since I turned on some auto refresh times on some of the touchwiz widgets (the news and weather ones)

This isn't really a problem with the 7.0 plus, but I had a problem with the samsungdive.com website when enabling the remote control on my tab. I created my account on the tab, then went to the website and I couldn't fully log on. It kept saying my 'postal code' was not filled out. It said United States but it also had a field for "Providence" and not "State", so my guess is it was stuck in Canada or something. Either way, after a few times of logging out and on again it skipped that portion and finally let me in.

I'm sure I've found more bugs, but I don't recall them at this moment.

garyd

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Touchwiz force closes sometimes when waking up. This started happening ever since I turned on some auto refresh times on some of the touchwiz widgets (the news and weather ones).
This is interesting... I just started having this same issue, but in my case it started after I started playing with live wallpapers. Once it FC's (and restarts), I don't have the issue again until I cold boot.

Mycopsycho

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have found several bugs that arent show stoppers but are annoying.

The first is apparently there is a wifi sleep bug. If I leave wifi on and let it sleep for 8-10 hours, the battery life a) drops about 25% and b) the wifi gets locked up and can't be turned on or off. A reboot fixes it. Also if you turn off wifi, it also fixes it....

I have similar issues with my Motorola Atrix especially after the Gingerbread update.

FloridaPhil

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some kind of strange issue with typing into text boxes - like this one. The keyboard seems to momentarily pause and then backspaces over what i have just written. Anyone else seeing this:? Its intermittant and very irritating.

Also, the touchscreen is acting oddly. I cannot get my taps to register in the correct place in text input boxes when trying to edit what I just entered. The screen shows where I tapped but the cursor jumps to a random spot close but not at the point I touched. It makes editing impossible. Known issue?

mohawkx

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I immediately downloaded a 200mb update released Nov 23rd, 2011. so far I haven't experienced any of the bugs in this thread. Knock on Wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome