Fantastic Tablet but

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Bought this best Buy to try it out. Really nice tablet. I have the original Galaxy Tab and it has served me well.

The plus version is like night and day better than the original. Build quality fantastic. I have owned several ipads and other android tablets. I will say build quality on par with ipad 2. Everything tight very nice form factor etc...No wonder Apple is freaked out at Samsung. They are putting out some really nice hardware.

It is very fast and smooth. Just a great tablet all the way around. I am a big fan of the smaller form factor. Don't like 10.1 and 8.9 even to large for what I do.

But

I returned it because I just could not shake loose the 7.7 with higher res screen coming out soon. The 7 plus screen is very good but 7.7 looks to be very very good. The 7.7 I believe will also be a little wider. I believe this will be very beneficial as the 7 can feel narrow depending what you are doing.

So as hard as it was to say goodbye and take it back I did and now wait for 7.7. I would suggest anyone thinking about getting the 7 plus to wait for the 7.7 then you can at least compare the two. Nothing worse than making an investment then realizing you can't return and should have waited a little longer.

Last edited:

tobyg

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The problem I have is last I read the 7.7 was not coming to the US. Have you heard differently?

I really like the 7.0 Plus so far. So much better than the Acer Iconia A100 I had for a couple of weeks.

volwrath

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The problem I have is last I read the 7.7 was not coming to the US. Have you heard differently?

I really like the 7.0 Plus so far. So much better than the Acer Iconia A100 I had for a couple of weeks.

I heard its not coming to the US and will be 1.5x the cost of the 7+ Otherwise go for it :)

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes there was rumor it originally was not coming to U.S. But was just a rumor and has been verified that is coming to U.S. Possibly in next few weeks but I am guessing should be before Christmas at latest (hopefully). It has already cleared the FCC.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/samsung-galaxy-tab-7-7-wifi-hits-the-fcc-in-tabtastic-glory/

You can't go wrong with your 7 plus. Really is a well put together beautiful device. First Android device I had my hands on that I felt matched the elegance of an Apple device.

Last edited:

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I heard its not coming to the US and will be 1.5x the cost of the 7+ Otherwise go for it :)

I would be surprised if was 1.5 the cost of the 7+ as that would make it more than the 8.9 and the 10.1. At first I thought they could try to charge premium for the higher res screen but it is same res as the 8.9 and 10.1 just smaller so get better ppi. Point being should not cost any more for them to make than the larger tablet. We will have to wait and see but my guess is it prices in range of 8.9 which is $50 more than the 7 plus.

As a huge fan of the 7 inch form factor that extra .7 could just make it the perfect tablet as at times 7 can feel a little narrow..

tobyg

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
But the 7.7 has specs well above the 7.0 plus, and well above and beyond the 8.9 and 10.1. Super AMOLED screen, dual core 1.4ghz dual core, microsd slot. Smaller, faster, lighter than the 8.9 and 10.1.

Personally I played with the 8.9 at Best Buy and (granted it was the demo/floor model and who knows what got mucked up) it was very slow and sluggish. The 7.0 plus flies. Different type of processor, just seems worlds faster than the seemingly old and tired Tegra 2 chip.

garyd

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It has already cleared the FCC.
While the FCC must approve the device before it can be sold in the US to most people, FCC certification does not mean it actually will go on sale here. I wish it would, but Samsung seems to do odd things with product releases.

faith4more

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
While the FCC must approve the device before it can be sold in the US to most people, FCC certification does not mean it actually will go on sale here. I wish it would, but Samsung seems to do odd things with product releases.

We will have to see what happens. Does drive me crazy that you never know when and where these devices will land. I hate being patient but am going to wait and see what happens. U.S. such a big market for these devices and I believe the 7.7 would sell very well hard to imagine why they would not sell it here. I think there is room for the 7 plus and the 7.7 as price points and form factor needs varies from person to person.

I will say without hesitation if the 7.7 did not come out in the U.S. I would jump back on the 7 plus. The 7 plus is a really nice device. Best form factor and speed I have seen on a tablet. Also the resolution although not as high res as 7.7 is very good.

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last night and I love it! The $399 was a bit steep for me but I justified it by selling my CR48 for $150 (lasted 25 minutes on Craigslist). The 7+ is awesome and exactly what I wanted. Before I took the plunge I played with the 8.9 side by side and 7+ just stood out for me. And as gimmicky as is may be, I love the IR port, I hope Peel upgrades the remote app, I'd love to be able to replace all my remotes with my Tab.

00r101

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess it all depends on whether you want what's here now or you are willing to wait for something that might be on the way. It seems to me that there is not a lot of room in the pricing scale to fit a 7.7 premium tablet in the Samsung lineup. It's features seem to beg for a $500+ pricetag. How many people will fork over > iPad prices for a smaller than iPad tablet?

My thinking is Samsung will never release this thing.But if you want to wait, ok by me. But by the time they do release it will there be something more appealing on the market? Probably. For me the 7+ does most everything I want. A higher resolution screen is about all I want.

RhinoDoc

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a Xoom and love it, but 90% of what I do is read books. It is a little too large for that and I'd like something a bit smaller. I really think this fits the bill. Price is not much of an obstacle, I know something better will come down the pike, and a little bigger with better resolution doesn't interest me. My birthday is in 2 weeks and I think I will strongly recommend this for a gift.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc