3rd Party Launcher of Choice?

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So, I decided to play around with some 3rd party launchers to see what they would offer me on a tablet. Unfortunately since most of them were made for a phone there were some issues. First, the icons were all ridiculously small, the widgets took up ridiculous amounts of room, and they kept erroring because they couldn't find a phone (duh).

However, ingorning the issues above, on every single one of the launchers I tried performance was AMAZING compared to the stock launcher.

So, my question, is anyone using a 3rd party launcher with success? And if so, which one are you using and how did you get it to work as a tablet launcher and not a phone launcher?

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I think you inspired me to check out some launchers. ADW has always been a favorite of mine, and its got folders that are like ICS.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
That didn't last long. I wanted to try a 3rd party launcher and make it look like honeycomb, but it was way too much work. I'm sticking with stock.

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've seen YouTube videos of spb 3d launcher for tablets and it looks amazing. It is full of Widgets and looks very smooth. Only thing is that its like 15 dollars which is ridiculous.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

wolverine38812

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm using ADW Launcher EX its really smooth and its looks great with a 6x6 grid. It much better than the stock launcher. I didn't like how all the icons with the stock launcher were so large and that you couldn't use the entire screen, the bottom and the top half inch of the screen you couldn't use. That's mostly why I like ADW I can fill the entire screen with widgets, folders, and icons

techandfixies

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
zeam has since stopped working (it just popped up when i moved all my phone apps over via gmail) so i've moved to ADW Launcher like wolverine.

DaWeav

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am using go launcher ex myself in 8x6 grid with a few go launcher widgets.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been using go launcher HD and it is amazing. It allows you to change the grid sizes and it is developed for honeycomb tablets so it is not just some oversized phone launcher. They have been updating it weekly and it is buttery smooth.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
there's a beta tablet version of go launcher ex on their website I just installed out yesterday and it helped a bit with the extra space and then I customized the desktop and app drawer rows but it'd be nice if you could change the size of the icons but the tablet version helped alot. I set desktop rows to 7x5 and app drawer grid to 5x4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2