1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation WIFI ERROR Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus wifi only

my wifi was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped coming on i tried powering of and on and a factory reset but it just says error under wifi setting when you try to turn it on and i have no clue what to do as it is wifi only and won't workit start to turn on but like i said it just dies and says error where it says turning on and i can not find any answers to this problem or any forum unless i searched for the wrong terms.

Default Re: WIFI ERROR Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus wifi only

I just had the same problem happen to me today. I've tried everything I can think of, including resetting my router, but the problem seems to lie in the tab itself. I hope someone might read this and help us both.

I hate to bother folks again, but in case anyone who might be able to help didn't get to see this last night, I'm replying to myself to make it a new post. I'm sorry if that's not protocol, but I'm a 'noob' so it comes with the territory, right?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

KidIcarus74

Take the tablet to another location that has wi-fi. This might help to show whether it is your tablet or a problem picking up your modem/router.

ROM
    Gingerbread

Did you try rebooting the tab?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Central Forum

I had a similar issue a while back and did some research and found that it was a weird issue with how DHCP leases are assigned and confuse the Wifi in the GT7+.

It happened to me during a week I was in 5 different hotels 5 nights in a row. I usually stay in Hamptons/Hilton properties and the wifi AP names are generally the same. When I would try to turn on wifi, it would immediately turn off. I had to leave the hotel (far enough for my tab to not see the wifi AP), then turned on wifi, found the offending network and told the tab to "forget" it. Went back to the hotel, let the tab register on the wifi and get a new DHCP lease and everything worked fine.

The key is, you have to delete the offending AP name, but you cant turn on the wifi to do it.

Check here

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Android Central Forums

my wifi says error under wifi setting when you try to turn it on and i have no clue what to do as it is wifi only and won't workit start to turn on but like i said it just dies and says error where it says turning on and i can not find any answers to this problem..

Hi fellas. Please help. I updated in England OS from 3.2 to 4.0 , came home back to Canada and my wifi doesnt work. I have to restart few times, it holds for few minutes, then shuts off. I would downgrade back to Gingerbread, but I dont know how. When I select hard reset it just wipe the tablet and stay 4.0
    What are my option?
    Thanks
    my email is